DSF or DSDDiff ?

mikeeastman

DSF or DSDDiff ?
« on: 16 Jan 2014, 10:42 pm »
I have some DFF files, that are vinyl rips using a Korg digital recorder, They won't play on Pure Vinyl. I can convert them to ether DSF or DSDDiff both of which play on PV. What is the difference between them? and is one better than the other?

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
Re: DSF or DSDDiff ?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2014, 11:33 pm »
DSF you can tag in JRiver, DFF you can't.
Mark

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2014, 01:47 am »
Mike, take a look at my JRIver tutorials.  You'll see all the wonderful tagging, etc that can be done with DSF files.

mikeeastman

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2014, 02:06 am »
Thanks, I'll check out J play.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2014, 02:38 am »
We were talking about JRIver, not Jplay.

mikeeastman

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2014, 01:53 pm »
Sorry, brain fart, I meant JRiver.  :duh: One more question; because the rips are off vinyl there are no track breaks or any meta data in the DSF file, a friend uses Vinyl Studio to put in track breaks and meta data, but that's in wave, any way to put the track breaks in the DSF files?

mgalusha

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2014, 01:53 pm »
Sorry, brain fart, I meant JRiver.  :duh: One more question; because the rips are off vinyl there are no track breaks or any meta data in the DSF file, a friend uses Vinyl Studio to put in track breaks and meta data, but that's in wave, any way to put the track breaks in the DSF files?

Yes you can, Korg Audiogate has a "divide" function that will happily split them into distinct tracks. You have to set up a twitter account to use Audiogate without a Korg device but I just created a dummy one that isn't used for anything else.

mikeeastman

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jan 2014, 02:14 pm »
Thanks, I have the Audiogate program will give it a try.