Open baffle?

Wind Chaser

Open baffle?
« on: 5 Jan 2018, 06:58 am »
If I'm not mistaken, prior to Vapor Ryan built a pair of open baffles based on a RAW design; is it conceivable that Vapor might offer an open baffle at some point in the future?

EdRo

Re: Open baffle?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2018, 02:46 pm »
I've always thought that OB was interesting; I think Ryan's tried it and isn't happy with the overall performance. I have drawings of my basic Nimbus OB,  with an added 15" on top. Because of the huge size and cost (and lack of enthusiasm from others) I ended up abandoning the idea. As a side note, because of Vapors Meteorological theme, I was going to call my giant OB design "Sharknado". Because it was sooo over the top.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2018, 03:25 pm »
Stick with BR, some might prefer it...  :wink:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2018, 05:52 pm »
I've always thought that OB was interesting; I think Ryan's tried it and isn't happy with the overall performance. I have drawings of my basic Nimbus OB,  with an added 15" on top. Because of the huge size and cost (and lack of enthusiasm from others) I ended up abandoning the idea. As a side note, because of Vapors Meteorological theme, I was going to call my giant OB design "Sharknado". Because it was sooo over the top.

I know Vapor has other priorities right now, but at the time Ryan had built the OB2X, he seemed fairly impressed with the overall result.

Got any pictures of the Sharknado?  :D

EdRo

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jan 2018, 06:36 pm »
Artists renderings are all I did with the "Sharknado". Although, there were quite a few people that seemed interested in an OB Nimbus.