Can you explain the differences in the Odyssey amps?

Jazznball

Can someone please explain to me the hierarchy of the different Odyssey amps.  I am specifically only interested in the 2 channel amps.  It appears that Kismet is the top of the line, then Stratos, followed by Khartago.  I currently have a Stratos stereo that is about 10+ years old that I purchased about 6 months ago.  I believe I am the 3rd or 4th owner.  Let me state clearly that I am very happy with the amp and intend to stick with Odyssey.  However, I am curious about possibly upgrading and I am wondering what I will gain?  I am also not clear when comparing say a Stratos stereo to a Khartago Mono Plus? Or a Stratos Mono Extreme SE to a Kismet stereo in a Khartago case?  Then I see things like Special SE and SE+ options.  Does anyone have experience with comparing or owning different Odyssey amps?  Please tell me about your experience with your old amp and your upgraded amp. Do you lose or gain anything by the case?  In other words is a Kismet the same if it is in a Kismet case or a Stratos case or a Khartago case?  Thanks for helping.

Randy

Re: Can you explain the differences in the Odyssey amps?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2016, 05:56 am »
Your best bet is to call Klaus and talk it over in the P. M.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2016, 06:33 am »
Yup,

I think that there are over 60 or 70 different versions that I can make  for you...as I always said, I can customize the hell out of the unit based upon cost, speakers, and personal tastes ...and as for cases, not really a big factor with the exception of the Stratos Mono Extremes and HT3's, which need the larger Stratos case...everything else is mostly interchangeable........call me,

Klaus

saygrr

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2016, 08:46 pm »
What is the price of the Kismet Reference Amp Mono version?
The Stratos Mono Extreme is $3,400 a pair on the Web sight. I like that they idle at 35 watts each.

Jazznball

« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb 2016, 04:15 am »
I will try to reach Klaus on Monday, but I am still interested in hearing about the experience of anyone who upgraded an Odyssey amp or has owned more than one. 

AlTran

« Reply #5 on: 1 Feb 2016, 06:13 pm »
I experienced with all of Odyssey gears. Words can't explain.