Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #700 on: 23 Jul 2014, 12:46 am »
Are you talking about adding a song to the "Library"...like, I am in the midst of buying some new music from HD Tracks.  When done with the download from HD Tracks, I will Transfer some new Albums under existing artists, plus add a new artist.  Will that rebuild the Artist view of my entire collection?

I would like to use Artist view to build new PlayLists.  But Artist view does NOT list all my Artists.  Right now, I am using the Default View.

Thanks

Any time the MPD database changes, the database version changes and triggers a rebuild of the database used to generate the artist view.  The media player settings ?not to be confused with media player daemon settings) allows you to choose between artist or albumartist, you may wish to try the other next time you make a change.

Cheers
Chris

CraigS720

« Reply #701 on: 23 Jul 2014, 03:48 pm »
There are a number of issues like this that have been or are being fixed, please post the firmware revision your running when describing these issues.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris. It's the latest firmware that had to be installed via the service mode.

Craig

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #702 on: 23 Jul 2014, 04:05 pm »
Thanks Chris. It's the latest firmware that had to be installed via the service mode.

Craig

Mentioning its the latest version is going to help people 6 months from now, also i have countless times have heard its the latest version just to find out it isn't, so please state the full version in this case S2.05 2014-07-15

Cheers,
Chris

MoPac

« Reply #703 on: 23 Jul 2014, 05:33 pm »
Chris:
  S2.05 2014-07-11
 Created a playlist of 4 bRadio stations, but it's hard to tell which station is which cause they have numbers as names.  I ordered them by my fave genre down to my least fave genre, but if I wanted to add more the confusion would ensue.  Any way to re-name them?

Thanks, Rich

keithjacksontucson

artwork
« Reply #704 on: 23 Jul 2014, 06:41 pm »
S2.05 2014-07-15
is what I'm using
I love it except for the artwork problem

keithjacksontucson

artwork
« Reply #705 on: 23 Jul 2014, 06:43 pm »
sorry I've been using s2.05 2014-07-11
looks lime I'm put of date now

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #706 on: 23 Jul 2014, 07:45 pm »
Chris:
  S2.05 2014-07-11
 Created a playlist of 4 bRadio stations, but it's hard to tell which station is which cause they have numbers as names.  I ordered them by my fave genre down to my least fave genre, but if I wanted to add more the confusion would ensue.  Any way to re-name them?

Thanks, Rich

Hi Rich,

Currently you can't, what you use to do and have yet to implement is run a program that would scan through playlist looking for radio stations; connect to each server and grab the name of the station.  Then when ever a playlist was loaded containing a radio station it would show the name rather then the ip address/port.

Cheers,
Chris

keithjacksontucson

« Reply #707 on: 24 Jul 2014, 02:48 am »
is the S2.03 07-15-14 version available as a self download or only as an upgrade in service mode?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #708 on: 24 Jul 2014, 11:00 am »
is the S2.03 07-15-14 version available as a self download or only as an upgrade in service mode?

We have our own server now at Bryston so only as a service upgrade.

james

ttsto

« Reply #709 on: 24 Jul 2014, 02:46 pm »
We have our own server now at Bryston so only as a service upgrade.

james
Are all this beta releases or are official?
How / where do we find out when to request such upgrade?
I run version S2.05 2014-07-11, from previous post I understand there is new firmware (S2.03 07-15-14) but it is not visible on the settings page.

Marius

« Reply #710 on: 24 Jul 2014, 06:29 pm »
suddenly somehow i cant get any interface to show up my libraries correctly ....

mpod/pad and mm in the safari browser only show some of my drives, and then only bits of them.

rebooting, updating. nothing helps.

what to do chris?

please help.....

M

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #711 on: 25 Jul 2014, 02:17 pm »
suddenly somehow i cant get any interface to show up my libraries correctly ....

mpod/pad and mm in the safari browser only show some of my drives, and then only bits of them.

rebooting, updating. nothing helps.

what to do chris?

please help.....

M

Hi Marius,

Could be a couple of things, the first I would check (but i don't believe it would be the problem) is the user space.  If you ssh in and issue the command

df -h | grep /dev/sda2

you should get back something like below

/dev/sda2       880M  1.6M  879M   1% /mnt/img

the first numerical value (880M) should read that or larger

assuming the above checks out issue the following commands

/etc/init.d/mpd stop
rm /mnt/img/tag_cache
restart.sh

This will wipe out the existing MPD database and allow you to start over from scratch.

If you find your still only getting part of your music library then the next most likely culprit is a faulty file, in which case check the MPD logs to see which file is the last one to be logged.  The last logged file or the file that would have come next are the likely candidates to be causing the trouble.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #712 on: 25 Jul 2014, 02:38 pm »
strange things happen: on my mobiles, things seem back to normal again, on desktop browser MM, nothing is shown anymore.... not even the software versions in the system tab.
at all

Somehow i think it had to do with updating some new albums in the database. Since some firmware versions ago, updating the Db takes longer and longer. I really think you should add the selective updating again, it now seems to check the full db, which takes longer and longer with a growing library of course....

MM seems to be somewhat unresponsive now and then, much more so than the Mpod/pad interfaces. even up to having to reboot the bdp, to get connection with MM on desktop again.

Ill check your suggestions below and let you know he findings.

Thanks for that!
M

Hi Marius,

Could be a couple of things, the first I would check (but i don't believe it would be the problem) is the user space.  If you ssh in and issue the command

df -h | grep /dev/sda2

you should get back something like below

/dev/sda2       880M  1.6M  879M   1% /mnt/img

the first numerical value (880M) should read that or larger

assuming the above checks out issue the following commands

/etc/init.d/mpd stop
rm /mnt/img/tag_cache
restart.sh

This will wipe out the existing MPD database and allow you to start over from scratch.

If you find your still only getting part of your music library then the next most likely culprit is a faulty file, in which case check the MPD logs to see which file is the last one to be logged.  The last logged file or the file that would have come next are the likely candidates to be causing the trouble.

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #713 on: 26 Jul 2014, 04:18 pm »
strange things happen: on my mobiles, things seem back to normal again, on desktop browser MM, nothing is shown anymore.... not even the software versions in the system tab.
at all

Somehow i think it had to do with updating some new albums in the database. Since some firmware versions ago, updating the Db takes longer and longer. I really think you should add the selective updating again, it now seems to check the full db, which takes longer and longer with a growing library of course....

MM seems to be somewhat unresponsive now and then, much more so than the Mpod/pad interfaces. even up to having to reboot the bdp, to get connection with MM on desktop again.

Ill check your suggestions below and let you know he findings.

Thanks for that!
M

Selective updating was reintegrated a few revisions ago, inside the media player settings is an option to display files and folders not in the database.  When this option is checked, items not in the database appear at the bottom in red, clicking the item will add the file or
Folder to the database.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #714 on: 26 Jul 2014, 04:28 pm »
Great!
Ill try that with the next uploads ;-)

Thanks !
Marius

Selective updating was reintegrated a few revisions ago, inside the media player settings is an option to display files and folders not in the database.  When this option is checked, items not in the database appear at the bottom in red, clicking the item will add the file or
Folder to the database.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #715 on: 27 Jul 2014, 08:58 am »
Hi Chris,

Ever since album art started to be a feature, I've been collection not only Covers, but also back.jpg's , having the firm believe you would someday offer the option of displaying these in the BDP firmware. Forgot to ask for this ever since ;-)

So, to amend that oversight: will you be offering the option to flip the album art from front to back some how ? would be really nice, and very functional to be able to see the track listing on most back cover. Come a bit closer to the real thing of holding the cd, and browsing them, like in the old days....

cheers,
Marius

Marius

« Reply #716 on: 27 Jul 2014, 09:56 am »
HI Chris,

Seems to work fine, thank you. Is there any reason the .albumDB is still red? Had other non-music-files entries (indicated with the music icon) too in red i didn't dare to click....

working with these gives another question: would it be possible to have an Update-new button at all? I usually upload albums several at a time, and browsing to these to find them in red and clicking them, is possible, but still a bit of a hassle, compared to just click update-new, and let MM find the red entries .

Marius

Folder to the database.

Cheers
Chris

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #717 on: 28 Jul 2014, 04:16 pm »
I updated to S.2.05 2014-07-25 this morning. Thanks for the update. I notice that when I add a CD as a playlist now, it adds the CD to the queue twice. The same behavior is observed from my windows computer running Chrome, android phone running Chrome, and iPad on Safari.
-Gary

MoPac

« Reply #718 on: 28 Jul 2014, 05:28 pm »
I updated to S.2.05 2014-07-25 this morning.
I would like to do the same, but MM ( on the Dashboard home screen ) is not telling me an update is available, though It is on the list in the updates screen.  Are all updates now done using Service Mode?  Should there be a notification on the home screen?

Thanks
Rich

ttsto

« Reply #719 on: 28 Jul 2014, 05:59 pm »
A little bit of excitement in my dull life ...

Downloading firmware filesystem
undefined% @undefined
Downloading boot drivers
100% @32
Downloading vmlinuz image

Filsystem Check Failed: md5 value missingFilsystem Check Failed: md5 value missing