Nothing better than NHL playoffs!!2016

stlrman

Nothing better than NHL playoffs!!2016
« on: 11 May 2016, 01:39 am »
Sick series between the Pens and Capitols !!
Pens super strong for game 6  !! :thumb: dominating performance tonight. 2 goals in 33 seconds on a four min major . Two goals for Kessel!! :thumb: Our rookie Matt Murray has been stellar in first two series. 3-0 Pens!!
Pens look sick tonight!! Two posts , could be 5-0. It has been a great series!!!  Marc Andre Flurry has been team MVP this year ! And he is sitting on the bench because of the rookie phenom !! This could be the Pens year!! :D :D  Pens move on if they take game 6 . Series would be 4-2 , but has been super close series!
Gotta love Haglin! So much energy!

Two game sevens coming soon...

How is your team doing ??? Are you loving the  hockey playoffs? I am !!

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
Re: Nothing better than NHL playoffs!!2016
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2016, 01:47 am »
My team is not "doing". My team is "DONE" (Kings fan) :roll:. Still loving the playoffs, just not as much as I could be if things were different.
I agree; there is no better sport than hockey and the cup is so difficult to win.

stlrman

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2016, 02:21 am »
Shit ! White knuckle ride now as Caps score 2!!  Yikes !! 11:44 left , ton of time !! Yikes!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2016, 06:51 am »
So I guess you enjoyed the ot?

MarkR7

« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2016, 01:12 pm »
My team?? No so much this playoff season! Disappointing!

stlrman

« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2016, 01:19 pm »
I went to bed. :nono: :duh:     I have to be up very early, and I get too nervous and excited. But love the outcome. Watched the winning play 5 times.

Great series!! The Pens had way better depth than the Caps. 2nd through 4th lines for Pens were way better. Stellar goal tending on both sides. Crosby and Malkin both played very well throughout the series, but were mostly held off the score sheet. Shock Sports Radio guy is screaming , that they must score , cause they are being payed millions$$$$. Its a team game, and we are winning. I really like our supporting cast, they are awesome and deep. I would think they will keep riding Murray who is 21 years old and was just called up from the AHL into the next series against Tampa.

Things I love about hockey: ( I am a fair weathered fan. I don't watch much if any hockey during the season. ) But I do love the game!!

The Cup !!! :thumb: :D :)    There is no greater trophy in Sports.  PERIOD!!  Every players' name is on it. Players will not touch it until they earned it. It's so wonderful to watch the players host it , after victory. Many are in tears.    Also you must win four rounds of best of 7.  I think its the hardest to earn in all of sports.

The speed of the game , physicality , action!!   To me its the best TV sport to watch, and the best live action sport.

The celebration of all five members after a goal. Its like they won the lottery.  :thumb:
The player who scored who zips down the bench gloving all the players.  The way the team congratulates the goalie , head to helmet. The team handshake at the end of the series.

The radio and TV play by play is brilliant.

What do you love about the game?

mcgsxr

« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2016, 01:27 pm »
Long time hockey fan, and player in my youth (just house league, not rep or anything that would indicate talent!).

Born in Montreal, so I hold a candle for the Habs.  Have lived just outside Toronto for getting on 43 years now, so I do indeed follow the Leafs too.  Not that they frequently make the playoffs, or have ever in my lifetime won a Cup.

Hockey is my fav TV sport for sure.  Though I also love to watch golf.

I really enjoyed the Pens vs Caps series.  I felt it was excellent hockey, and I can live with the outcome (affiliated with neither team).

I love the hitting in hockey, and the sharpshooting.  I can relate to the hitting.  Not so much the accurate shooting!

I love the way teams stand up for their goalies.   You cannot run into one without sparking a good scrum around the crease.  I always (was a center) used to skate back and tap the pads of our goalie and tell him "we will get that one back" and then skate to center for the face off after the opposing team scored.

I will now support the Pens as long as they stay in the race.  I think they have a shot.

stlrman

« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2016, 02:38 am »
Fantastic game 2 tonight !!!
2-2 late in the 3rd.
Pens must pull this game out!!!
Tampa is way tough, and I do not see the Pens taking 4 of 5 from Tampa.
Two 21 year old goalies ! Let's go Pens !!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2016, 03:49 am »
And the Pens win in overtime tying the series.

mcgsxr

« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2016, 10:52 am »
Was a great game. I a will admit I went to bed before overtime.  Was happy to see that the Penguins pulled it out.  What a first period!

stlrman

« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2016, 10:55 am »
A couple of notes. Sid breaks an 8 game goalless streak . He must score or put up assists.  He has been playing well , but he must put up some points as Malkin has zero points in his past seven games. He is also playing hard and creating chances. They both must step up to put points on the board.
Crosby's first overtime goal in the playoffs ! That's hard to believe, but Sid has struggled the past few years in the playoffs.
I think it's time to go back to our MVP goalie, Flury. Murray has been only good the past 4 games. Not as great as he was the previous games.  Pens' coach loves Murray too much. Flury had his best season, team mvp during regular season .
Pens coach mixed up the lines very effectively!!
MVP of the first two games has been Tampa's back up goalie. He has been spectacular!!
This is a series hockey fans will fing very entertaning!! Great speed and skill, and pretty hard checking and physical. Very good goaltending .

syzygy

« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2016, 01:14 pm »
Was at the game last night. Go Pens!

stlrman

« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2016, 02:16 am »
The Pens came to play tonight !!! :thumb: :thumb:
Great speed and execution!! Tampa playing very sloppy and could be down 5 or 6 nothing .
3-0 Pens after two periods. Go Pens!!! Pens playing with complete desperation , and Tampa looks lost .
Check out the Crosby goal at the end of the 2nd period! A masterful goal indeed!! :thumb:

stlrman

« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2016, 12:45 pm »
A great game 7 victory for the Pens !! :thumb: you gotta love game 7's !!
A rookie named Brian Rust scored both Penguin goals!! He was in the minor leagues most if the year.

Now a chance to win the greatest trophy in all of all sports!!

mcgsxr

« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2016, 01:00 pm »
It was a great game, I am pleased I took the time to watch most of it.

I am now torn between supporting the Penns (with both MTL and Toronto out, I default to my Dad's age old - who is geographically closer) and supporting big Joe Thornton in getting his first cup.

Should be good games!

PeteG

« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2016, 01:30 pm »
Yes it was a great game, just wish the Blues was still in it. Will hope Thornton gets his first too.

twitch54

« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2016, 02:02 pm »

Now a chance to win the greatest trophy in all of all sports!!

'one' of the greatest trophy's ...... this one's right up there IMO....

http://www.theopen.com/Heritage/ClaretJug

regardless, playoffs too damn long, but then I'm from an era when there were only six teams

Wind Chaser

« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2016, 02:30 pm »
Go Sharks Go!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #18 on: 27 May 2016, 02:40 pm »
Go Pens!!!  Sharks are out of their depth.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #19 on: 27 May 2016, 06:52 pm »
Penguins can swim well enough but Sharks are faster and have bigger teeth.  :thumb: