Johnny Dumbass is doing it again.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Johnny Dumbass is doing it again.
« on: 19 Aug 2014, 04:28 am »
Flipping the bird to the Redskins bench? 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2167594-johnny-manziel-gives-the-redskins-bench-the-finger?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t2

I can just see a bunch of D linemen licking their chops and begging their coach "PLEASE, COACH!!  Let ME be the one who plants him head-first at the 50-yard line!
PLEASE COACH!"

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Johnny Dumbass is doing it again.
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2014, 05:06 am »
Cleveland is the burial ground of young quarterbacks.  JF needed to go to a strong coach and sit for a year or two.  But to go to the Browns... that's just a shame.

charmerci

« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2014, 08:04 am »

I can just see a bunch of D linemen licking their chops and begging their coach "PLEASE, COACH!!  Let ME be the one who plants him head-first at the 50-yard line!
PLEASE COACH!"

:lol:

He's a rich, spoiled kid who's had everything go his way. He's gotta few years ahead of him to grow up. He does seem to be eating some humble pie since he's been in the NFL.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2014, 08:48 am »
In the article that follows the one cited above, "Johnny Manziel and Wasted Opportunity", there's this nugget:
" If Manziel manages to win the starting quarterback job between now and the season opener against Pittsburgh, it will be either because Brian Hoyer gets hurt or aliens steal him from the planet."

stlrman

« Reply #4 on: 5 Feb 2016, 03:47 pm »
What an epic self destruction this year. A complete train wreck!! After beating on his girlfriend it appears the Browns will release him.  Previously sneaking off to Las Vegas wearing a wig to gamble .  The list goes on.
He played poorly to average on the field as well. I guess some team will pick him up to be a backup.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #5 on: 5 Feb 2016, 03:51 pm »
If, as expected, he gets dumped, a lot of D-linemen are gonna be disappointed.  Tell me they don't have a bounty on his scrawny little ass.

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 5 Feb 2016, 04:05 pm »
What an epic self destruction this year.

+1 - it's a shame when someone has talent and either wastes most of it or just throws it all away. I suspect if he doesn't get turned around this coming season, he's got a good chance of not playing in the NFL.

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #7 on: 5 Feb 2016, 06:49 pm »
If he does turn it around (serious doubts on that...) thank God it won't be in Cleveland!

I am a long suffering Browns fan and how ridiculous that Johnny gets the coverage he does...

Let's see...

Otto Graham -  four championships in the AAFC and three NFL titles. He was MVP of the AAFC three times.  5-time Pro Bowler & 7-time First-Team All-Pro.  Was a true team guy and NEVER gave Paul Brown a problem.

Johnny M. - no titles, not MVP, no pro bowler, no nothing.  Oh wait... riding a water swan in LV, wearing a wig in LV, giving the "money sign", etc, etc, etc...

Good f**king riddance.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #8 on: 5 Feb 2016, 07:10 pm »
The guy has "Raiders" written all over him.

S Clark

« Reply #9 on: 5 Feb 2016, 07:16 pm »
I doubt if any NFL team picks him up, even those desperate for a QB.  If he's lucky he get a shot in Canada.  This guy is a serious addict.   

SoCalWJS

« Reply #10 on: 5 Feb 2016, 07:23 pm »
The guy has "Raiders" written all over him.
10-20 years ago, I'd agree with you 100%. Not so much anymore.

Johnny Football has "Cowboys" written all over him.

S Clark

« Reply #11 on: 5 Feb 2016, 07:26 pm »
10-20 years ago, I'd agree with you 100%. Not so much anymore.

Johnny Football has "Cowboys" written all over him.
Nope, Jerry doesn't call the shots by himself these days, and the other responsible parties don't want the headache or distraction. 

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #12 on: 5 Feb 2016, 08:07 pm »
I see a promising career in Arena Football and selling used cars for Johnny M.

Evidently didn't get (or didn't take in) good mentoring.  So easy for young super jocks in this age to get big headed (even everyday teens can go through it).

jimdgoulding

« Reply #13 on: 5 Feb 2016, 08:31 pm »
Getting passed by Jerry and having to go to Cleveland (brrrr!) probably let the air out of his balloon.  Lost hope and self destructed.  It's not like he needs the money if you didn't know.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #14 on: 5 Feb 2016, 08:36 pm »
Nope, Jerry doesn't call the shots by himself these days, and the other responsible parties don't want the headache or distraction.
Jerry calls the shots. Period. He's just listening to other people a bit better for the last couple of years.

Who do you think OK'ed bringing in Greg Hardy? Jason Garret?

S Clark

« Reply #15 on: 5 Feb 2016, 09:51 pm »
Jerry calls the shots. Period. He's just listening to other people a bit better for the last couple of years.

Who do you think OK'ed bringing in Greg Hardy? Jason Garret?
Garrett.  Yes, Garrett was on board.  Hardy offered the possibility of huge return for minimal risk.  Those of us that follow this team daily think personnel decisions are done with 4 people... Stephen Jones, Will McCray, Jerry Jones, and Jason Garrett.  No one vote swings these type decisions (but I'll agree that one may break the tie).
Of course, you can persist in your opinion.  What about a small, friendly wager??? Johnny to Dallas? Texas actually makes some decent wine.  How about a bottle of Texas red for a bottle of California Central Coast? 

...Just saw where his agent dropped him.  When an agent won't touch you, you've fallen pretty low.   

SoCalWJS

« Reply #16 on: 5 Feb 2016, 10:33 pm »
Garrett.  Yes, Garrett was on board.  Hardy offered the possibility of huge return for minimal risk.  Those of us that follow this team daily think personnel decisions are done with 4 people... Stephen Jones, Will McCray, Jerry Jones, and Jason Garrett.  No one vote swings these type decisions (but I'll agree that one may break the tie).
Of course, you can persist in your opinion.  What about a small, friendly wager??? Johnny to Dallas? Texas actually makes some decent wine.  How about a bottle of Texas red for a bottle of California Central Coast? 

...Just saw where his agent dropped him.  When an agent won't touch you, you've fallen pretty low.
Yeah, ESPN's running a crawl that Dallas ruled him out at a meeting last year before his latest alleged domestic violence case.

I've said for many years that Dallas is doomed to mediocrity until the Owner grows a pair and fires his GM.  :green: Anyway, my main focus was that the Raiders have changed from their old ways and that there was little/no chance of him going there - Dallas would be more likely.

Wager a bottle of wine on something more interesting. Don't give a hang about Johnny Football. I like to pick on Cowboy fans though. One of my best friends is a big fan and hates Romo. He always wanted Tebow or Manziel to "come to the rescue" and I would just laugh at him.

S Clark

« Reply #17 on: 5 Feb 2016, 10:50 pm »
Those of us that have been fans long before the Jones era (I saw Meredith play against Unitas in the Cotton Bowl :o)have been hoping for decades that Jerry steps down.  However, most of us are just happy to see him take a step back behind the scenes. Of course, don't get between Jerry and a camera, a microphone, a hooker, or a glass of fine scotch.  Apparently, he is not the buffoon in private that he appears to be in public. 

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #18 on: 5 Feb 2016, 10:51 pm »
Getting passed by Jerry and having to go to Cleveland (brrrr!) probably let the air out of his balloon.  Lost hope and self destructed.  It's not like he needs the money if you didn't know.

If he's dumb enough to blow a NFL career, he's plenty dumb enough (like so many other young athletes) to blow a fortune.   :duh:

Johnny has been in self-destruct mode since before leaving college. 

ajzepp

« Reply #19 on: 5 Feb 2016, 11:25 pm »
The NFL owners need to make a policy - official or unofficial - that when there is a player with substance and/or domestic issues that gets released, the other teams agree NOT to sign him for a given period of time, say 12mo. Some sort of agreed upon time frame. Otherwise, it's essentially a form of enabling. If these guys think they can beat women, do drugs, drink excessively, etc, still knowing they'll get chance after chance in the NFL, that only makes things worse.