Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers

ihor

Re: Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers
« Reply #160 on: 23 May 2016, 04:53 pm »
Thank you Canada Rob.  I am really happy with how well the entire system integrates, and the cherry cabinets are gorgeous.

Beatlebum

« Reply #161 on: 23 May 2016, 06:29 pm »
Ihor,

Which Skylan stands did you purchase?

TIA,

Tim

ihor

« Reply #162 on: 23 May 2016, 07:28 pm »
I got the 20" stands after talking with Noel Nolan at Skylan.  A wonderful individual to talk to and was a real pleasure doing business with him.  The stands went together exactly as described in the instruction, and I filled them with clumping cat litter rather than rice as I've seen some folks do.  As you can see, they really compliment the SAMs.

spwath

« Reply #163 on: 30 Aug 2016, 04:03 am »
My system is a bit cramped.

Omega Mini Me's in an excellent looking finish. Homemade speaker stands.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #164 on: 30 Aug 2016, 03:52 pm »
Cool looking setup spwath.  Love the old Apple iMac and the (eMac?) facia on the wall.  The Mini Me's are even from around that era.
Pretty finish on the speakers.  I've never heard the Mini Me but hear they are very good speakers.  Imaging should be great.  What are you running for amp and DAC?

spwath

« Reply #165 on: 30 Aug 2016, 04:07 pm »
Cool looking setup spwath.  Love the old Apple iMac and the (eMac?) facia on the wall.  The Mini Me's are even from around that era.
Pretty finish on the speakers.  I've never heard the Mini Me but hear they are very good speakers.  Imaging should be great.  What are you running for amp and DAC?
eMac, yes. I got 10 free emacs on craigslist.

And you should see the other side of my room. Contains- Ibook g4, powermac g4, another imac g4, 2 emacs, and a powermac g4 cube.

They are quite nice. Im thinking about upgrading to the super 3 desktop, but im not sure if that would be an upgrade.

I am using a Denon AVR-590. Thinking about getting something nicer though.

OzarkTom

« Reply #166 on: 30 Aug 2016, 04:41 pm »
I just got a pair of the Super 3i monitors in. I will try and fire them up tonight. :thumb:

TEA FOR ONE

« Reply #167 on: 18 Sep 2016, 04:03 pm »
Hey spwath,

I'm glad to see that you are enjoying the Mini Me's!

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #168 on: 27 Sep 2016, 04:06 pm »
Never tried this exact combo before.  Wolf Ear Audio Kitoki, my trusty Audio Sector DAC, and Super 3i.  This system is on the long wall in my listening room and I have never had a better listening spot in my life.  The bass I'm getting from these little speakers is amazing (no sub in the system), not to mention all the other things they do incredibly well.  I've always leaned toward low powered, simple systems because I find them more musical and this one fits the bill perfectly, not to mention the price of a system like this is so reasonable.

mrvco

« Reply #169 on: 2 Oct 2016, 10:07 pm »
Finally got an Omega thumper to complete the family photo:

Rextang

« Reply #170 on: 3 Oct 2016, 05:37 am »
Never tried this exact combo before.  Wolf Ear Audio Kitoki, my trusty Audio Sector DAC, and Super 3i.  This system is on the long wall in my listening room and I have never had a better listening spot in my life.  The bass I'm getting from these little speakers is amazing (no sub in the system), not to mention all the other things they do incredibly well.  I've always leaned toward low powered, simple systems because I find them more musical and this one fits the bill perfectly, not to mention the price of a system like this is so reasonable.

Rob, beautiful setup. I'm curious to know which output taps are you using on the Wolf Ear, the 4 or 8ohm? 

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #171 on: 4 Oct 2016, 10:08 pm »
Thanks Rextang,

I'm using the 8 ohm taps.

slefley

« Reply #172 on: 5 Oct 2016, 01:37 am »
Rob, how far are your 3i's from the back wall?

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #173 on: 6 Oct 2016, 09:56 pm »
Hi slefley,

About 2 feet out from the wall.

ryanmartinson

« Reply #174 on: 17 Oct 2016, 09:50 pm »
Huge thanks to Louis for making my Custom Super 7 Omni Monitors in real Teak veneer for my living room system. They sound incredible and I couldn't be happier!

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
« Reply #175 on: 17 Oct 2016, 10:11 pm »
Huge thanks to Louis for making my Custom Super 7 Omni Monitors in real Teak veneer for my living room system. They sound incredible and I couldn't be happier!

Very nice looking!

ryanmartinson

« Reply #176 on: 17 Oct 2016, 10:26 pm »
Very nice looking!

Thanks a lot! The Teak finish is beautiful...dark and rich with some nice, subtle variations.

-Ryan
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2016, 01:13 am by ryanmartinson »

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #177 on: 18 Oct 2016, 05:37 pm »
I love it Ryan.  So tastefully done. 

ryanmartinson

« Reply #178 on: 18 Oct 2016, 06:22 pm »
I love it Ryan.  So tastefully done.

Thanks a lot Rob!

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #179 on: 14 Dec 2016, 05:00 pm »

I couldn't agree with you more. The simpler I have made my system the better it has ended up sounding.