beancounter1

« on: 18 Feb 2018, 06:08 pm »
Just joining the club to enjoy reading all of the subjective opinions of my fellow audio addicts. I am 59 years old, have been an audiophile since the age of 14, and have been pursuing the system that sounds best to my ears. I have owned hundreds of components from various manufacturers throughout the years including Acoustat, Magnepan, Martin Logan, Quad, NHT, Klipsch, Definitive Technology, B & W, Mission, Wharfedale, Infinity, Aragon, Linn, Oppo Digital, Rotel, Vincent, Esoteric, Odyssey, and even Schiit Audio. 

Although I have many systems my main (audio only) consists of a pair of Klaus's fully modded Stratos monoblocks, a fully modded stereo Stratos, a fully modded Tempest, two Schiit Audio Freyas, a fully restored and beautiful sounding pair of Infinity Kappa 9 amp killers and a pair of fully restored Infinity RS IIIs. I have also owned the Khartago monos and the Candella. I recently purchased the two Freya's because they are so easy to compare tubes of different manufactures. Once I have determined the tubes that sound best in my system I will more than likely order two Candellas as I wish I would have never traded my other one in. I have no idea why this preamp does not get rave reviews. 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2018, 06:49 pm »
Welcome aboard Beancounter1 :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2018, 07:15 pm »
Welcome!

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2018, 08:47 pm »
Welcome to the sweet spot. "Hundreds" of components, huh? What a hobby this is  :icon_twisted:. Since your list contains a number of speakers in the planar camp, and a roughly comparable number of dynamics, I'm wondering what drove those decisions at a given time and did you go back and forth or did you stick with one type over time and then switch to the other type? Just curious, and again, welcome.

JakeJ

« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2018, 03:51 am »
Hello and welcome to AC, beancounter1.

beancounter1

« Reply #5 on: 20 Feb 2018, 08:43 pm »
I can't wait to be a member if I can just slip through the cracks.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 20 Feb 2018, 11:23 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC beancounter1    :thumb: