MicroRendu in the house :)

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
MicroRendu in the house :)
« on: 11 Jun 2016, 03:31 pm »
Arrived yesterday, but haven't set it up yet because I'll be powering it with the Vinnie Rossi LIO and I'm cannibalizing that all at once when my DHT tubestage arrives in about six weeks.  So until then it'll just have to sit on my desk and look pretty.

Would there be any benefit to using an in-series USB conditioner like the Dragonfly Jitterbug with this device?

Also, would it be possible to have "NAS" directly ethernetted to the back of the microrendu, or does it have to be attached to the network via router?  Currently I'm using a dedicated 2TB Time capsule.

Tomy2Tone

Re: MicroRendu in the house :)
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2016, 03:44 pm »

Would there be any benefit to using an in-series USB conditioner like the Dragonfly Jitterbug with this device?

It's definitely trial and error with stuff like this. I found the jitterbug to be beneficial with the mRendu. It was one of those where once I took it out I wanted it back in..

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2016, 03:52 pm »
My understanding is that microRendu needs to be on the network...you can't just connect it directly to your NAS.

George

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2016, 05:21 pm »
Thanks guys.  Reinforcing my preconceived notions. :)

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2016, 11:43 am »
Got it up and running yesterday, zero problems.  Roon ready but still can't get Roon to recognize my music library so I had to satisfy myself with tidal for the time being.  The real test will be some of my DSD files and tracks I know very well.  But, happy say the microrendu is operating perfectly.  Thanks for a great product guys!

slefley

« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2016, 09:07 pm »
Just finished setting up my microRendu with iFi power supply and I am extremely pleased.  There is a very noticeable improvement in clarity of image, soundstage and texture.  I have a simple system using the mR -> LampizatOr L4 DAC -> Shindo amp -> Vivid 1.5 speakers.  I'm using a generic Ethernet cable so next I'll look into a better cable and a better power supply, but even as-is it's a worthwhile upgrade. 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #6 on: 26 Oct 2016, 09:22 pm »
Just finished setting up my microRendu with iFi power supply and I am extremely pleased.  There is a very noticeable improvement in clarity of image, soundstage and texture.  I have a simple system using the mR -> LampizatOr L4 DAC -> Shindo amp -> Vivid 1.5 speakers.  I'm using a generic Ethernet cable so next I'll look into a better cable and a better power supply, but even as-is it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Congrats!!

The power supply upgrade will make a substantial difference while the Ethernet cable will be more subtle.

I have done both.

On the PS, I went from the iFi to the Vinnie Rossi LIO (Vinnie is now about to sell a standalone PS that is basically the same as what I get out of the LIO).

For Ethernet, I went with a certified Blue Jeans cable model.  From a pure value perspective, it is killer!  Only ran me around $15.

George

YashN

« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2016, 05:21 am »
(Vinnie is now about to sell a standalone PS that is basically the same as what I get out of the LIO).

There's also the Uptone Audio LPS-1 which you can use, based on a similar principle, designed by John Swenson, who also designed the microRendu.