TV Stand that will allow for Salk HTC

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Re: TV Stand that will allow for Salk HTC
« Reply #20 on: 10 Mar 2011, 05:21 pm »
What's wrong with a knob?  You know, like the "tubiness" knob on some preamps. :duh:

How's the dog?  Ours is a sweetheart.  Never been more attached to a dog so quickly.

Hi   It would have to be quite a knob, since it's the woofer inductors that are involved.  The dog.  Well, let's see.  His latest meal was the Audpod for my Praxis measuring system.  I had an extra one on loan to see if a bug I was experiencing was a problem with my Audpod.  I was packing it up to return when the phone rang--and that was the last I saw of it until the snow melted.  So I now own a second badly scratched Audpod, which lists for $976.00.  This business plan I had--the one where I pay more for the dog up front to save on bills down the road--it isn't working.  But he's very sweet. And very big.  I just replaced the digital camera he ate, so I'll snap some pics when it stops raining. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #21 on: 10 Mar 2011, 05:31 pm »
 I apologize for  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you tried rawhide toys?

ratso

« Reply #22 on: 10 Mar 2011, 06:04 pm »
or cheap SLR's

mmmm crunchy

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #23 on: 10 Mar 2011, 07:14 pm »
I apologize for  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you tried rawhide toys?

He likes those too. 

jermmd

« Reply #24 on: 10 Mar 2011, 09:04 pm »
I had Jim build a custom stand for me.  I had very specific size restrictions as it had to fit into my wall unit and Jim did a great job.  The HTC fits perfect with a couple shelves on either side.  The cost was around $1200.  I would suggest contacting Jim and he can build one to your exact specifications.

Pete

That's what I did and I couldn't be happier.

Joe M.

Saturn94

« Reply #25 on: 11 Mar 2011, 01:50 am »
I had Jim build a custom stand for me.  I had very specific size restrictions as it had to fit into my wall unit and Jim did a great job.  The HTC fits perfect with a couple shelves on either side.  The cost was around $1200.  I would suggest contacting Jim and he can build one to your exact specifications.

Pete

Pictures? :green:

Nuance

Bigload

« Reply #27 on: 15 Mar 2011, 05:26 pm »
I bought mine fron BB.  It is an Init brand.  I had to remove the middle shelf, drill all new holes and remount the shelf to accomodate my HT2C.  Then, I just stuck black hole plugs in the old holes.  Worked fine. 

ThomasKott

« Reply #28 on: 15 Mar 2011, 06:08 pm »
Bigload, I like that option.  It's affordable and looks great.  Can you tell me the model number of that Init stand?  I didn't see it at my local BB.  thanks!

Nuance

« Reply #29 on: 15 Mar 2011, 07:38 pm »
That looks good, Bigload; Nice work.

gkinberg

« Reply #30 on: 15 Mar 2011, 07:59 pm »
Boy--you guys sure make it hard on center channel crossover designers.  Sometimes there's a cabinet front below the center channel, sometimes a receiver, sometimes a big TV, sometimes nothing--all of that changes the midrange response dramatically.  I never know how to measure.

Dennis, what is your recommendation for the optimum setup for the center channel configuration? I assume the ideal setup is one where there are minimal obstructions around the front of the center channel- such as tv, tv stand, main speakers etc...

Thanks, Garth

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #31 on: 15 Mar 2011, 09:00 pm »

Hi  I don't think there is any one best location, other than the one the designer used to develop the crossover.  Here are two measurements of a center channel I'm working on.  In the first, the speaker is reseting horizontally on another speaker cabinet to simulate a placement on a TV or in a shelf with a cabinet front below it.  In the second, the speaker has been moved out so that there is no baffle directly below it, to simulate a placement on a shelf with nothing below it.  Both plots show a dip in the bass, which is due to floor bounce cancellation and will be present on any speaker unless the woofer is right next to the floor.  And both show a little peak in the 70-80 hz region which will be present in most any room.  But the free standing speaker clearly has less bass, and an accentuated midrange, which will be clearly audible.  I suspect most people will have something underneath the center, so that's probably the best crossover tuning.  But ideally you would want a different crossover for each situation. 

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #32 on: 15 Mar 2011, 09:07 pm »
And since I'm posting pic's, Heeeeeeeeeeeeeres Big Ben at 7 months.  About 15 lbs to go.

Saturn94

« Reply #33 on: 16 Mar 2011, 01:39 am »
And since I'm posting pic's, Heeeeeeeeeeeeeres Big Ben at 7 months.  About 15 lbs to go.

Wow!  He sure has grown since the last time I saw him.  He's turning out to be one handsome dog. :thumb: