LDR B arrived. I need help.

Randy

LDR B arrived. I need help.
« on: 9 Oct 2014, 10:22 pm »
No instructions came with it. Is that standard procedure?

I admit I'm pretty stupid, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to use the unit or the remote. I didn't have any trouble with the earlier version that went on tour but it had an old style remote that was intuitive to use.  I can't figure out this apple remote nor the knob on the unit. I know Morten's in Denver so is there anybody out there who can offer some guidance?

Meicheng

Re: LDR B arrived. I need help.
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2014, 10:38 pm »
There are instructions for the Apple remote in the Tortuga documentation on the website.

robertopisa

« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2014, 05:51 am »
+1

http://www.tortugaaudio.com/documentation/#document-5

Randy I have been using a DIY version of the LDRxB since July, let me know if I can help

There are instructions for the Apple remote in the Tortuga documentation on the website.

Randy

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2014, 05:00 pm »
Thanks. I got the remote working, but the knob on the unit is another story. I do wonder if documentation and a manual of some sort are usually included and they just forgot to put one in the box I got.  I may go to Denver tomorrow and will look Morten up if i do and ask him about it.   (It's a 250 mile trip for me, but I'd been thinking about going anyway.)

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2014, 01:50 am »
Thanks. I got the remote working, but the knob on the unit is another story. I do wonder if documentation and a manual of some sort are usually included and they just forgot to put one in the box I got.  I may go to Denver tomorrow and will look Morten up if i do and ask him about it.   (It's a 250 mile trip for me, but I'd been thinking about going anyway.)

Finally coming up for air after first day at RMAF. We are still catching up with ourselves by way of printed documentation. The essentials are online per comments below.  Ideally I'd rather all documentation be online going forward but we need to include at least a summary guide with each unit. With our earliest models we did have hard copy documentation but over time moved most of the content online and stopped including printed docs with shipments. Need to find a happy medium. Things to do.

Randy

« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2014, 03:06 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2014, 10:07 pm by Randy »