findog3103

Re: Took delivery of some brand new Vapors
« Reply #20 on: 19 Dec 2017, 11:45 pm »
Awesome Fred. Want to swap?  :)

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #21 on: 20 Dec 2017, 01:25 am »
I'm excited to report that I just took delivery of some custom Stiff Breeze speakers from Ryan yesterday! 

These speakers have a beautiful custom veneer and painted baffle and a ton of upgrades inside including jupter caps, dueland resistors, jensen wax impregnated inductors, western electric 16ga wiring and an isolated cross-over built into custom stands rather than in the cabinets. 

First impressions are extremely positive.  It throws a very wide stage, has great tonality and resolution and is super engaging.  I'm honestly not sure how this speaker never got more popular.   

As many of you know, Ryan isn't currently taking on new speaker projects until he's through with his existing queue, but this is a reminder that he's still out there working and making absolutely beautiful stuff. 

A big thank you to Ryan and Pete for soldiering through this with so much on your existing plates.   I'm a happy camper.

I only quoted your post so the pictures would be on page 2, also. :thumb:    It's always nice to see Ryan's work.

Beautiful speakers, Fred. Congrats!!  :thumb:

dpatters

« Reply #22 on: 20 Dec 2017, 10:49 am »
Awesome!  They look fantastic.  Congratulations and enjoy.  I know I love mine.

Don P.

Gopher

« Reply #23 on: 20 Dec 2017, 03:28 pm »
Ryan said the veneer is is marbled Chen Chen:  soft and flaky that smells like parmesan cheese and toejam.   :lol:

That's a tough question, Roscoe as I never had the Ubers in my large living room (about 20x30) or with the same electronics.  I was always intimidated by the very expensive custom drivers and also having beryllium tweeters around small children (not just my own, we entertain a lot). 

With that caveat in mind, the Ubers reached deeper and slammed significantly harder.  The Ubers also threw a big stage (in the smaller 11x16.6 room) and probably had a wider sweet spot due to the extreme toe and wave guide. 

I think I might slightly prefer the RAALs to the T-Labs BE tweeter.

Both speakers are wonderful destination products and clearly Vapor in voicing.  Both look awesome in their own rights as well. 

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #24 on: 20 Dec 2017, 03:37 pm »
Very Nice!  :thumb:

findog3103

« Reply #25 on: 20 Dec 2017, 11:37 pm »

That's a tough question, Roscoe as I never had the Ubers in my large living room (about 20x30) or with the same electronics.  I was always intimidated by the very expensive custom drivers and also having beryllium tweeters around small children (not just my own, we entertain a lot). 

With that caveat in mind, the Ubers reached deeper and slammed significantly harder.  The Ubers also threw a big stage (in the smaller 11x16.6 room) and probably had a wider sweet spot due to the extreme toe and wave guide. 

I think I might slightly prefer the RAALs to the T-Labs BE tweeter.

Both speakers are wonderful destination products and clearly Vapor in voicing.  Both look awesome in their own rights as well.

I second that. The Vapors are amazing speakers. I have a smallish room (14x11) and guests marvel at the sound stage and musicality.

Gopher

« Reply #26 on: 23 Dec 2017, 01:43 am »
I'm really digging these speakers.  They have exceeded my expectations and are keeping me up way too late at night.   

I've got a couple of Gallo subwoofers I'd planned to mate with these things, but thus far I'm really not motivated as things are sounding so good. 

Any other stiff breeze owners here?

findog3103

« Reply #27 on: 23 Dec 2017, 03:09 am »
I'm really digging these speakers.  They have exceeded my expectations and are keeping me up way too late at night.   

I've got a couple of Gallo subwoofers I'd planned to mate with these things, but thus far I'm really not motivated as things are sounding so good. 

Any other stiff breeze owners here?

I bet they look even more amazing in person. Love to hear your thoughts about why you are thinking of adding subs?

Gopher

« Reply #28 on: 24 Dec 2017, 06:28 pm »
Jason,

While they don't have quite the slam of the Uber Auroras, the bass they produce on their own is satisfying.   That said, I've had two Gallo subwoofers I purchased 2 years ago and never even used, which I'm curious to try...   Why not, I've got them?

They are supposed to be in my engineered room, but it seems something always goes wrong to stunt that systems progress.

I'd be happy to have you out in the New Year when you've got some time. Should have em dialed in nicely by then.

Fred

fex02

« Reply #29 on: 24 Dec 2017, 09:40 pm »
Fred, welcome to the Vapor family.I am sure you will love them.
It was nice to meet you in sarasota this year.Best of luck with them.
ps did your boss get his Joule's yet?

Gopher

« Reply #30 on: 24 Dec 2017, 11:13 pm »
Thanks, though technically it's not my first vapor.  May not be the last either as a home theater may be in my not so distant future.

It was awesome meeting you as well and I'm glad your Joules bring you tons of joy...  All your missing now it's a Lampi ;)  I completely believe they are better speakers than the magicos.  Certainly more up my alley.

Wasn't aware I had a boss, but I'm pretty sure you mean Rob, lol.  He should be on Deck or double deck after my pair. 

fex02

« Reply #31 on: 25 Dec 2017, 11:25 am »
Fred sorry about the boss comment !

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #32 on: 25 Dec 2017, 04:32 pm »
Looking good!  :thumb:

Gopher

« Reply #33 on: 26 Dec 2017, 08:07 pm »
Looking good!  :thumb:

Indeed they are.

Thanks again, Bob for helping Ryan get these bad boys loaded into the freight truck!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #34 on: 26 Dec 2017, 08:43 pm »
Indeed they are.

Thanks again, Bob for helping Ryan get these bad boys loaded into the freight truck!
You're very welcome, it wasn't a big deal.
You didn't buy the biggest heaviest mamba jamba speaker Ryan makes, which it why it wasn't a big deal.  :lol:
So Thank YOU for that.  :wink:

findog3103

« Reply #35 on: 28 Dec 2017, 03:07 am »
If you have the subs, most definitely, why not. Interested to hear about your experiment with the Gallos if and when you set them up. Love to come up and check out the system. Let me know.

Jason,

While they don't have quite the slam of the Uber Auroras, the bass they produce on their own is satisfying.   That said, I've had two Gallo subwoofers I purchased 2 years ago and never even used, which I'm curious to try...   Why not, I've got them?

They are supposed to be in my engineered room, but it seems something always goes wrong to stunt that systems progress.

I'd be happy to have you out in the New Year when you've got some time. Should have em dialed in nicely by then.

Fred

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #36 on: 28 Dec 2017, 02:35 pm »
I have the Stiff Breeze, still love them. I also have a pair of Gallo subs that I bought to use with other speakers but which would occassionaly be paired with the Breeze in the larger listening room just for grins and they played very well together. I lost the larger listening space to other family needs so the Gallos are boxed but the Breeze play wonderfully without them.
Cheers,
Lester

Gopher

« Reply #37 on: 28 Dec 2017, 04:10 pm »
Awesome, Lester!

I put them in play briefly but am inexperienced at integrating subs and didn't really want to add fuss to the deep enjoyment I've been experiencing, so I put them back off to the side for now.  I'll revisit it in the future--probably when I've got a buddy over to help out.

Do you have any setup tips to share?

Fred

mav52

« Reply #38 on: 28 Dec 2017, 04:20 pm »
Still enjoying my Stiff Breeze in a small listening room. They replaced my Kef LS50 and my Harbeth p3esr.   I always wanted to hear the Aurora's.

findog3103

« Reply #39 on: 28 Dec 2017, 05:18 pm »
Still enjoying my Stiff Breeze in a small listening room. They replaced my Kef LS50 and my Harbeth p3esr.   I always wanted to hear the Aurora's.

If ever in Philly, drop me a line. Be glad to show the Auroras off.