My Hifiman connector came apart

JohnR

My Hifiman connector came apart
« on: 8 Sep 2015, 05:53 pm »
I didn't take a photo, but one of the connectors (stock cable, long story) in my cable came apart. The internal sleeve just kinda came out. OK that's the side that always had to be tightened. I pushed it back in and it's holding.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: My Hifiman connector came apart
« Reply #1 on: 8 Sep 2015, 06:05 pm »
When I receive my HE400 I realize this is the fragile point from this brand.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2015, 02:35 am »
My 400i comes with the same PITA connectors that are a nightmare for old fingers to install.  But my one saving grace (knock on wood) is that I haven't yet suffered from the very common (reportedly) loose connector problem, mine have remained tight from when I first installed them.  Not pushing my luck by taking them off.

The new HE1000 has 1/8" regular plugs, I think they must have heard us.  I would guess all future models would follow suit.  I wonder about the new 400s, don't know about the connectors on them, the website is no help.

kingdeezie

« Reply #3 on: 9 Sep 2015, 02:45 am »
I had the same thing happen to my Hifimans as well. I was using them as portable headphones, so they were getting knocked around a bit.

I still use them to this day that way, so you should be okay.