FS: Gorgeous open baffle speakers

wes_in_va

FS: Gorgeous open baffle speakers
« on: 1 Feb 2015, 12:18 pm »
I bought these from a buddy about a year ago. He bought them from the builder. As you can see, the build is fantastic. The woodworking alone is worth close to the asking price.
They sound magnificent, but space wise, they just didn't work out. The only room I can use them in is our living room and my wife just couldn't stomach it (though she gave it a valiant effort!)
I've used them with 2 watts of tubes and 300 watts of solid state and they sound great with both.

These are not your run-of-the-mill homemade OB's. There's an immense amount of skill put into this and shows both visually and sonically.

Info from the builder:
"4 ohm impedance with a 95+ db Efficiency. In my 12x20x8 living room they fill the room very generously with my amplifier meters peaking at .02 Watts. They crank at .2 Watts. So long as your amplifier can handle the 4 ohm impedance they should work just fine with tube grear I think.

45" x 18" x 1-3/4" Solid Maple Baffle w/ 22" x 14" Walnut Base. Real Wood, not MDF, Plywood, or Veneered Substrate. Flush Mounted Drivers from the Front. The Baffle also has really nice 1/2" Roundovers on the Vertical Edges and the backs of the Driver Holes.

12 Awg. Solid Core Copper Wiring that is routed through the Baffle for a nice clean apearance from behind.

Gold Plated Banana Jacks, and Crossover Components housed in a small Project Box so there are no ugly Coils or Soldered Ends of Wires on the Terminals visible.

They were designed to be placed 3 Feet from the Backwall, and 3 to 4 Feet from the Driver Centerline to the Sidewalls. Deviations compromise the Bass Performance so they are probably not suitable for a Small Room where they cannot be placed properly. With their output potential they can probably fill a pretty large room.

2-Way design with Crossover Point approx 200 Cycles utilizing a Full Range Driver for High and Mid-Range duty. The Full range driver produces a nice full soundstage without the issues associated with a crossover between Mid and High Frequencies. I was also pleasantly surprised that there is no compromise in the high end with the PS 220. The Highs are Bright, Detailed, and Crisp, and as good or better than several Premium Dome Tweeters I have experimented with. "

Drivers are (2) 8" Dayton Audio PS-220 full rangers and (4) 15" Celestion T5413 (pro audio woofers). The Daytons are running full range with the Celestions handling the lows. The drivers would cost close to my asking price. 

These are available for pickup only in Roanoke VA, or I can arrange to deliver them to Richmond VA or I can drive about an hour to meet someone.
$500 . Auditions are available of course.

wes_in_va

Re: FS: Gorgeous open baffle speakers
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2015, 01:25 pm »
Bump for offers?

wes_in_va

Re: FS: Gorgeous open baffle speakers
« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2015, 10:55 pm »
I'm potentially open to trades, too: cartridges, tonearms, maybe even a turntable... just no more speakers!