Tube amp and speakers for sale

pjanda1

• Industry Participant
Tube amp and speakers for sale
« on: 19 Apr 2012, 08:53 pm »
Denver folks:

I'm headed to law school at CU in the fall.  As such, I need to seriously downsize.  Here are somethings I don't really want to move, but don't really want to ship.  I'll be in CO this weekend and many others prior to actually moving there.  Otherwise, I'm 3.5 hrs north east of Denver in the center of the Nebraska Panhandle.

Here's a quick description of the amp:  http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/210530-monster-two-chassis-6v6-pp-amp.html

I really don't like the idea of packing it.  As I say in the ad, I'm flexible on price, especially if I can meet you somewhere in CO.  Ask questions, as I put some thought into this one!  It is in many ways the poor man's Vacuum State, and I tried to stick to some of Allen Wright's ideas.

I should also mention that I have a great pair of speakers for it.  They are not fullrangers, though.  They are old (early 80's I think) Electro Voice 2 ways with 12" woofers and big CD (constant directivity) horns.  The crossover is made of pretty decent stuff.  They are great, but I bought them for research purposes and I've got to downsize.  I'll let 'em go for $100, even though the woofers alone might bring that on Ebay (they are really nice woofers).  They are 98db sensitive (perfect for little amps), and reasonably sized, which means they only go down to 80hz or so.  To which I should also add:

I've also got a tiny little sub.  Its actually in pieces now (long story that involves driving a giant tapped horn sub to Milwaukee), but it is a passive radiator design with the Tang Band W8-740 and a long throw 10" PR.  It is really small for getting into the low 30's.  It isn't the prettiest, but packs a wallop.  $100 if I don't have to ship it.  Its heavy for its size.

Sorry to list all this stuff, but I really need to get busy finding "local" buyers.  If you know anybody looking for any of that stuff, please forward this to them!  Obviously I don't need any more audio stuff in trade, but if anybody has a flat screen TV to replace this giant CRT that I don't want to move. . .

Paul
www.wildburroaudio.com

pjanda1

• Industry Participant
Re: Tube amp and speakers for sale
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2012, 03:45 am »
The EVs are sold.  The amp is pending.

Paul
www.wildburroaudio.com

pjanda1

• Industry Participant
Re: Tube amp and speakers for sale
« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2012, 09:50 pm »
The amp is sold too.  The sub is still available!

Paul