Alternate Method For Fastening SongSurround To BTech Bracket

Djohn

I had Jim add an insert to the back of my SongSurround due to an idea seen previously for a similar installation on an Ascend surround. I believe he used a zip tie.

Thankfully, Jim installed the insert in the middle so I was able to pull 2 - 1/16" coated cables after looping them on the eye bolt through the back hole on the BTech and between the binding posts.

I then crimped a 3/32" aluminum ferrule from the underside of the plate.

This enabled me to not use screws in the bottom and not mar the surface of the speaker while crimping the ferrule with vice grips.

After this picture was taken I added a second ferrule at the bottom of the cables.

It worked really well so I thought that I would share.

Black Oak finish by Jim Salk.

Big Red Machine

Re: Alternate Method For Fastening SongSurround To BTech Bracket
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2009, 06:28 pm »
Kinda late now, but if the insert was on the bottom you could have drilled a hole in your bracket and just drove a bolt in there?

Way to be proactive.

Djohn

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2009, 10:23 pm »
Kinda late now, but if the insert was on the bottom you could have drilled a hole in your bracket and just drove a bolt in there?

Way to be proactive.

I talked to Jim about inserts in the bottom but I changed my mind and I am glad I did.

Without having the cabinet here I needed latitude for side to side movement if needed (By adjusting the side clamps). I needed it for one due to a tube trap in the corner close to the speaker back edge.

audiocrazy

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2009, 03:40 pm »
I'd initially go them without the insert and they fell off from the wall mount(BT77) so I asked Jim to put a insert on the new ones.
If possible can you please post more close-up pics? I need to get an idea how to install my SS1's when they arrive in a few weeks.

Djohn

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2009, 12:53 am »
I'd initially go them without the insert and they fell off from the wall mount(BT77) so I asked Jim to put a insert on the new ones.
If possible can you please post more close-up pics? I need to get an idea how to install my SS1's when they arrive in a few weeks.

Where did you get Jim to put the insert?

This is the best picture I have but please note the speaker is upside down when I installed the cable.

The BTech plate is visible in the photo resting on the bottom of the speaker.

audiocrazy

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2009, 03:46 pm »
I have not specified to Jim where to put the insert but I guess Jim will put the insert in an right place.
I will be mounting them on my side walls so I guess the insert should be in the middle so that I can tie it down to the mount. I'm not sure if I need to have some holes drilled in the bottom so that I can screw them in with the mount screws.