Sup-V break-in hours ??

2bigears

Sup-V break-in hours ??
« on: 8 May 2012, 03:24 am »
 :D  hello all AC.... Just started up my Super-V 's and was wondering the hour mark when all seems to come together.....  Was playing the bottom's only with the Mag 3.6's.. Now want to hear full speaker.. Does it really take 400 hours,,yikes....  Powering them with a VAC Avatar Super....Lotta tube hours.....  Pretty happy with some aspects of the speaker already.. Do they really open up with hours served ????   :D

MichaelHiFi

Re: Sup-V break-in hours ??
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2012, 03:38 am »
What caps are you running? If you have the Jupiter Caps, it might take ~150 hours plus to settle in in my limited experience with these speakers. I can't comment otherwise.

We are getting holistic experiences playing with tubes. Have fun!  :drums:

2bigears

« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2012, 03:47 am »
 :D  I think Danny fixed me up with the Jups......I guess kt88's are cheap to buy.....I will let play for a week and see how things progress.....  Crazy speaker for the money,what a buy....Thanks..... :D

nickd

« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2012, 04:13 pm »
My super V's were great from the start. I added the jupiter cap later so the drivers were already "broken in". No huge difference for me with break in. The biggest difference I have made so far (other than the Jupiter cap) is from adding diffusion behind the speaker. Major  :o factor. the secret to V enjoyment is a good source, ultra clean amplification and treating the "back wave" from the V as serious as the front. You have to have 3+ feet behind them and add some diffusion. The soundstage gets crazy good. :thumb:

I use solid state most of the time because I like pandora cranked up on the weekends and don't want to shorten the lifespan of the Black Treasure KT88's in my Ayon rig. I use the tubes during the long winter nights here in San Diego :lol:

Jerrin

« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2012, 01:08 am »
What do you think about the black treasures?    How would you describe their sound in your amps?

cujobob

« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2012, 01:52 am »
The major break in will happen quickly, like with any other speaker. Pro-type drivers tend to take longer to break in completely though IIRC. They don't have to move much to create a lot of sound.