Upsampling redbook ripped CD's to DSD 128 using Foobar

martinr

All,

I read on a thread on Head-FI that it is best to use sox to upsample to 192 before upsampling to DSD 128 using Foobar and ASIO software.  Does anyone have any experience using sox to upsample first prior to DSD?  Im getting a HAL MS-3 server in a few days and want to set foobar up the best way to upsample.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

- Martin

bogi

Re: Upsampling redbook ripped CD's to DSD 128 using Foobar
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2016, 07:32 pm »
I have also Foobar2000 configured to do SoX upsampling & PCM to DSD128 via foo_dsd_asio.
I am upsampling to 352.8k for 44.1k based PCM and 384k for 48k based PCM.
For my ears that's better than no upsampling and still a bit better that 176.4 / 192k.
It means I do upsampling also for PCM hires before it goes to foo_dsd_asio.
Look at pictures here http://headaudio.weebly.com/clanky/ako-na-to-dac-s-podporou-dsd-a-foobar2000
Text is in Slovak but you will understand pictures (the last two show SoX settings).

JDUBS

Re: Upsampling redbook ripped CD's to DSD 128 using Foobar
« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2017, 08:44 pm »
All,

I read on a thread on Head-FI that it is best to use sox to upsample to 192 before upsampling to DSD 128 using Foobar and ASIO software.  Does anyone have any experience using sox to upsample first prior to DSD?  Im getting a HAL MS-3 server in a few days and want to set foobar up the best way to upsample.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

- Martin

Hey Martin, can you point me to that thread?

Thanks,
Jim