The unspoken thing about reviews

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
Re: The unspoken thing about reviews
« Reply #60 on: 16 Nov 2016, 07:18 am »
It could be a good opportunity to do a point-counterpoint if you release a second review alongside of it that shows the positive aspects. Show that you're not afraid of a little disagreement and that you're confident in the customer to read and draw relevant information for their own use.

rustydoglim

• Facilitator
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #61 on: 16 Nov 2016, 06:31 pm »
But what you suggest is nearly impossible. Magazine review is very difficult to arrange.  We went through this issue already :).  It is not simply a Ad budget issue, there is also space issue.
I think we should take a lot of the blame ourselves in not having more variety of speakers in our lab for testing.

Fortunately we have users forum like AudioCircle.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #62 on: 16 Nov 2016, 09:26 pm »
Oh I didn't mean in a magazine (where obviously space/timing/etc just doesn't work out), I meant on your own website.

Realistically it's just not possible to cover every type of speaker out there though, unless you just happen to have a large personal collection. I think showing a willingness to admit that "hey, this speaker isn't a good match" or showing differing opinions is a healthy thing and displays a confidence in your product.