dac 10 voltage switch

skidro

dac 10 voltage switch
« on: 2 Aug 2016, 10:07 pm »
 question: obviously there are labels beside the switch for 115 or 230. The question... does the raised part of the switch (the ridged part you actually move it with) indicate the voltage you have selected or is the flat part of the switch the indicator? Just want to be sure as this is not explained in the manual and I have never used one marked in this manner before. ( I need 115).

Tubegem

Re: dac 10 voltage switch
« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2016, 10:20 pm »
I have a DAC-9 and not the DAC-10. On mine, the flat part reads 115 which the voltage being engaged. Hope that helps.

skidro

« Reply #2 on: 2 Aug 2016, 11:01 pm »
That is the type of switch I have seen before, but there are no actual markings on the switch itself of the dac 10. They are to the side of it and I'm just not sure which part of the switch indicates the correct voltage, the flat part or the ridged part :scratch: Thanks for the reply though.

JackD

« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2016, 11:28 pm »
If you bought it new, it is set to 230 out of the box.

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2016, 05:10 am »
The marking is on the side of the switch and there are only two settings.
The switch can only moves toward one end or the other.  So simply move the switch toward the 115 setting.
If you turn it on by mistake with the switch to 230V, it just won't work but the 110V AC will not blow the power supply. That's why all the units are shipped with 230V setting so that people in higher voltage countries will not blow the device.

skidro

« Reply #5 on: 3 Aug 2016, 02:20 pm »
Thank you, just wanted to be sure before I hit the power. This dac is fantastic!! Using Emotiva cd as transport coax out to dac then to 2 Emotiva xpa-100 monoblocs out to Philharmonic BMR speakers. Incredibly wide soundstage combined with absolutely wonderful detail and clarity!!!! Me HAPPY  :thumb: