MCH-K38 - a giant killer!

srb

Re: The Best Amp I have ever heard (at any price) has 8 channels!
« Reply #60 on: 27 May 2016, 09:08 am »
Strangely enough, I toned my "actual" enthusiasm DOWN a couple notches before I hit post.

Excessive use of bold and CAPS can actually UNDERMINE credibility and turn a post into an over-the-top CARTOON.

Using LARGE FONTS further reduces the chance of being taken SERIOUSLY.

My $0.02 ..... I think it's best to let carefully chosen words convey the message, then italics, underline or bold can be sparingly applied when needed for a little emphasis.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
Re: The BEST AMP I have EVER heard (at ANY price) has 8 channels!
« Reply #61 on: 27 May 2016, 12:03 pm »
I don't mind the CAPS and Enthusiasm, or salesmanship. John is a dealer after all. Adds to the entertainment value.

Rocket Ronny

wushuliu

« Reply #62 on: 27 May 2016, 12:32 pm »
Excessive use of bold and CAPS can actually UNDERMINE credibility and turn a post into an over-the-top CARTOON.

Using LARGE FONTS further reduces the chance of being taken SERIOUSLY.

My $0.02 ..... I think it's best to let carefully chosen words convey the message, then italics, underline or bold can be sparingly applied when needed for a little emphasis.

Yeah i thought it was some kind of joke at first.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #63 on: 27 May 2016, 03:01 pm »
Like  Elaine Benes and her penchant for exclamation marks, John has a long standing history of using bold text in his posts when he wants to make a point; that's just his style.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2016, 05:49 pm by Wind Chaser »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #64 on: 27 May 2016, 05:10 pm »
And what about the Nores four years ago. I have noticed many of those fanboys have sold them, even the NC1200's.
If you're going to throw stones it might be best to know the reason(s) before doing so.  While it might be funny while sitting behind your computer wherever you live there are humans on the other side. 

OzarkTom

« Reply #65 on: 27 May 2016, 05:35 pm »
If you're going to throw stones it might be best to know the reason(s) before doing so.  While it might be funny while sitting behind your computer wherever you live there are humans on the other side.

:scratch:

So why did you and so many others sell their Ncores, the worlds greatest amps. You tell me.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #66 on: 27 May 2016, 05:44 pm »
:scratch:

So why did you and so many others sell their Ncores, the worlds greatest amps. You tell me.

I sold my Ncore 400's and bought NC 1200's.

They aren't the world's greatest amps and other than one poster who shall remain nameless, nobody ever said they were.

What there were AND still are, are outstanding amps that sound fantastic and can drive almost any speaker.

BTW, I sold my NC 400's in about 24 hrs...so clearly there is still a demand for them years later.

Lastly...Is it really necessary to put down product "x" to talk positively about product "y"? 

Just enjoy your purchase and talk about its positive aspects.

George

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #67 on: 27 May 2016, 05:50 pm »
If someone sells the product, you can be sure that their review of the product is not objective.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #68 on: 27 May 2016, 06:07 pm »
ALL reviews are subjective.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #69 on: 27 May 2016, 06:09 pm »
If someone sells the product, you can be sure that their review of the product is not objective.

All reviews are subjective and all contain our own experiences, prejudices, etc...

I have dealt with John before and he is a good guy who stands behind the products he sells.

While I don't subscribe to his over the top approach, that's just who he is and the perspective buyers will figure that out quite quickly.

George

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #70 on: 27 May 2016, 06:15 pm »
If someone sells the product, you can be sure that their review of the product is not objective

You cant assume that. It all depends on the person and their honesty. Just because money is involved does not mean EVERYONE is dishonest. That was FUN, using all caps and such.

ROCKET RONNY

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #71 on: 27 May 2016, 06:18 pm »
ALL reviews are subjective.
Of course all reviews are subjective but its also true that your own self interest can color your perceptions regardless if you realize it or not.
Actually, I think this is more a debate over styles of salesmanship. It's that I prefer a more low key approach that respects the intelligence of the prospective buyer.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #72 on: 27 May 2016, 06:46 pm »
I think this is more a debate over styles of salesmanship. It's that I prefer a more low key approach that respects the intelligence of the prospective buyer.

You're right on both accounts. The less a salesman says, the better. OTOH I don't have a problem with a salesman calling attention to something someone else has said.

In spite of John's style, I can still appreciate his enthusiasm and respect his experience. We can all learn a lot from each other and that's what keeps me coming back.

John Casler

« Reply #73 on: 27 May 2016, 06:58 pm »
You're right on both accounts. The less a salesman says, the better. OTOH I don't have a problem with a salesman calling attention to something someone else has said.

In spite of John's style, I can still appreciate his enthusiasm and respect his experience. We can all learn a lot from each other and that's what keeps me coming back.

Thanks Windchaser, and while this has gone off track, the more important thing is that someone looking for an INCREDIBLE sounding Amp, at a reasonable price, MIGHT just consider a HIGHLY UNLIKELY Candidate.

And glad you appreciate my enthusiasm, as it has been a long time since I have been so impressed with a couple products, and THAT is why I have them (or will) in my system and offer them to others with similar goals.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #74 on: 27 May 2016, 07:05 pm »

Agreed! :thumb:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #75 on: 27 May 2016, 07:34 pm »

Well said.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #76 on: 27 May 2016, 07:35 pm »
Thanks Windchaser, and while this has gone off track, the more important thing is that someone looking for an INCREDIBLE sounding Amp, at a reasonable price, MIGHT just consider a HIGHLY UNLIKELY Candidate.

And glad you appreciate my enthusiasm, as it has been a long time since I have been so impressed with a couple products, and THAT is why I have them (or will) in my system and offer them to others with similar goals.

John,

I may need to stop by your place for a listen.  :)

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #77 on: 27 May 2016, 07:58 pm »
Unimportant, so I deleted my post. Perhaps, others may follow my lead??
« Last Edit: 27 May 2016, 09:29 pm by mresseguie »

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #78 on: 27 May 2016, 08:23 pm »

Coming from the guy who is constantly putting others down with insulting one liners..... Now I've seen it all.

Sorry John for being off subject.

OzarkTom

« Reply #79 on: 27 May 2016, 08:53 pm »
I sold my Ncore 400's and bought NC 1200's.

They aren't the world's greatest amps and other than one poster who shall remain nameless, nobody ever said they were.

What there were AND still are, are outstanding amps that sound fantastic and can drive almost any speaker.

BTW, I sold my NC 400's in about 24 hrs...so clearly there is still a demand for them years later.

Lastly...Is it really necessary to put down product "x" to talk positively about product "y"? 

Just enjoy your purchase and talk about its positive aspects.

George

Hey George, what product y did I mention here on this thread?

There were a lot more than just one poster here that would jump anyone that said they did not like the Ncores, have you forgotten? No matter what the product is, if you search hard enough, you will find a negative on it on the net here. Is that the fault of the designer or the person''s system? Every designer likes to think their design is the best. Why build it, if not?

And on the Ncore tour, there were several listeners that did not like the sound of the over-hyped Ncores.