Is a dongle with extra spdif inputs for IDA-8 planned?

anibal1966

I am considering the acquisition of an IDA-8, after being a happy user of previous nuforce high end amps.
Standards of wireless transmission and audio formats evolve very quickly, so  I find it brilliant that the dongle port allows Nuprime to offer its customers a way to future proof the amp, with interesting products as the new wifi dongle.

However, my concern is that the traditional inputs are too few for my needs.
Thus my question: Is Nuprime considering a dongle, that would offer extra spdif inputs?

By the way, if the dongle also offered a phono input (one that applied the RIAA correction before or after the A to D conversion) it would greatly enhance the value proposition of that dongle, and the amp,  for casual vinyl users, as yours truly. What is the point of having a costly phono-pre if the signal will be digitised afterwards by the IDA? It would also help to reduce the box count, in itself other of the value propositions of this IDA.

rustydoglim

• Facilitator
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Is a dongle with extra spdif inputs for IDA-8 planned?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2016, 11:20 am »
If you are referring to a multiple SPDIF inputs to single SPDIF or line out, then we will have the "input selection issue".

HPA-9 is a the best preamp and headphone amp that you can consider for phono input.

We do have a plan for WR-200 to have 2 x optical, analog (not phono), AirPlay, AllPlay and Bluetooth inputs.  But it won't release until June.

pixelmixture

Re: Is a dongle with extra spdif inputs for IDA-8 planned?
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2016, 11:53 pm »
june .... i'm dying :D