Juventino

Re: Nuprime WIFI Dongle
« Reply #20 on: 29 Dec 2015, 01:45 pm »
 :thumb: :thumb:
Excellent to have this info.

pixelmixture

« Reply #21 on: 30 Dec 2015, 06:23 pm »
We will likely have $99 for AllPlay only, and $149 for AllPlay + AirPlay.

will the airplay implementation have the volume control from the mac/ios device ? (that's for me , one of the MAJOR  advantage of airplay over bluetooth)

rustydoglim

« Reply #22 on: 31 Dec 2015, 06:42 pm »
yes, the vol control should be on the App.

pixelmixture

« Reply #23 on: 8 Jan 2016, 06:09 pm »
can't wait

rustydoglim

« Reply #24 on: 18 Jan 2016, 11:32 am »
http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/products/wireless/wr100.html

I added a comparison at the bottom of the page to explain why you should buy WR-100 instead of Chromecast Audio.

pixelmixture

« Reply #25 on: 18 Jan 2016, 12:13 pm »
allplay in march 2016.

airplay in ?

rustydoglim

« Reply #26 on: 18 Jan 2016, 03:11 pm »
To add Airplay and bluetooth, it is more complicated and required a new DAC chip too. We can't use Qualcomm module anymore.
Therefore the model that includes AirPlay and BT will be priced at $199, may be even $249.

pixelmixture

« Reply #27 on: 18 Jan 2016, 11:41 pm »
dumb question but how is the wifi module connected to the amp ? i thought it was connected via USB letting the amp do the DAC function ... like the bluetooth stick provided with the amp.

John Casler

« Reply #28 on: 19 Jan 2016, 08:03 am »
dumb question but how is the wifi module connected to the amp ? i thought it was connected via USB letting the amp do the DAC function ... like the bluetooth stick provided with the amp.

<<<<Outputs: 1 X Coaxial (SPDIF on micro USB connector). Compatible with NuPrime digital port for data and power supply>>>>

rustydoglim

« Reply #29 on: 20 Jan 2016, 10:34 pm »
Adding to John's answer, if you just want to connect to STA-9 to convert your speaker into active WiFi speaker, you will use the 3.5mm analog output from WR-100.

For the cost of a nice dinner, WR-100 is a lot more versatile than $35 Chromecast Audio.

pixelmixture

« Reply #30 on: 21 Jan 2016, 09:45 pm »
with WR-100 can we control the volume of the amp from the phone/tablet  ?

rustydoglim

« Reply #31 on: 23 Jan 2016, 02:57 pm »
Yes, you can control the volume from the App.
The free app can be used to connect to your local (phone), network (NAS, Media Server such as HD-AVP) or online (Spotify etc) music.
If you have several people in the home who use the same AllPlay app, they can all see what's currently playing and "hijack" the system to play to it.  Or everyone just play to the receiver in their own room.

pixelmixture

« Reply #32 on: 23 Jan 2016, 03:12 pm »
really great ... hope the airplay version will follow quickly ( appleholic )

rustydoglim

« Reply #33 on: 23 Jan 2016, 03:18 pm »
You can connect the analog output of Airport Express to WR-100 line-in for re-streaming  8)

pixelmixture

« Reply #34 on: 23 Jan 2016, 03:24 pm »
loosing the volume control .... the volume control is the whole point of allplay airplay over bluetooth :D
by the way i love my ida-8 ... coupled to sonus faber venere 2.0 it's a great setup ...

pixelmixture

« Reply #35 on: 1 Feb 2016, 04:03 pm »
You can connect the analog output of Airport Express to WR-100 line-in for re-streaming  8)

by the way, i had a broken on arrival unit but i fixed it by myself (after 6 weeks of delivery delay i could not resign myself to sent it back for repair) ... i sent you a private message to explain the problem that can be related to harsh handling during transport but also related to the factory assembly process.

i sooooo loooove this little beast .  i works damn well for an amp of that price/size. gives enough juice to handle speakers in a complete different league in term of size.

best regards

rustydoglim

« Reply #36 on: 4 Feb 2016, 01:05 am »
Your IDA-8 AC switched that got moved out of place is due to long vibration from shipping. We now apply glue and screws on the switch assembly (previously it was only snap-on with glue)

pixelmixture

« Reply #37 on: 4 Feb 2016, 10:20 am »
Your IDA-8 AC switched that got moved out of place is due to long vibration from shipping. We now apply glue and screws on the switch assembly (previously it was only snap-on with glue)

thanks . will it be a problem with the warranty if i encounter a problem in the coming months with another part? can i send you a private message with my serial in case of futur problem.

to come back to the wifi dongle .
Do you plan a compatibility with roon ?

rustydoglim

« Reply #38 on: 7 Feb 2016, 10:24 am »
If you need actual product support, just create a help desk ticket on mytdss.com
Zoon is a player on the PC or Mac, and I think Zoon has to add AllPlay support to their player.

pixelmixture

« Reply #39 on: 7 Feb 2016, 08:09 pm »