MM S2.10

Marius

Re: MM S2.10
« Reply #60 on: 2 Apr 2015, 07:03 am »
after a bit of fiddling about, i reached this (apparently various protocols of reaching the server are available in the go/connect to server menu-item. smb worked.

apache isn't there, apache2 is locked. an pd.log is available, with many ffmpeg errors, no library2.php though. And it specifically states mad played the files i reported not being displayed  :scratch: :scratch:

hope there is no maximum length of the file-path? or file-title for that matter?

Marius

wish i could.... it only connects to the aforementioned Homedirectory, even through the finder menu 'go/connect to server'..

Marius

« Reply #61 on: 16 Apr 2015, 07:31 am »
Hi Chris,

BDP is showing fine again in finder, thx! (please unlock the /root/mnt/img folder also? )

as of version 0410 the beta update page shows BETA only. How to know when to update?

And, still an empty page is displayed on System/NEWS, at least on Safari and Chrome .

Cheers Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #62 on: 16 Apr 2015, 11:30 am »
Currently the stable release from last week is the most recent release.

Marius

« Reply #63 on: 16 Apr 2015, 12:30 pm »
Not sure whether you're replying to my question above here? Will you signal us through this forum when a new beta is available please? No other way we can tell for the moment i think is there?

Thanks and Cheers as ever,
Marius

Currently the stable release from last week is the most recent release.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #64 on: 17 Apr 2015, 01:12 am »
Not sure whether you're replying to my question above here? Will you signal us through this forum when a new beta is available please? No other way we can tell for the moment i think is there?

Thanks and Cheers as ever,
Marius

I really don't understand why it's such a problem to check the firmware update page?  Is it really that much more of an inconvience then digging through audiocircle?

drummermitchell

« Reply #65 on: 17 Apr 2015, 01:46 am »
Yes, it does tell you when an UPDATE IS AVAILABLE or NEW FIRMWARE :scratch:,
jeezuz just look on your BDP...hello :o.

Marius

« Reply #66 on: 17 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm »
Chris,

We seem to miscommunicate: when i click on the update page (with the #beta added to it) the page returns empty only to show BETA. So i cant see whether a new version is around or not.

So no problem at all, but there seems to be something amiss on the page.

Cheers,
M
I really don't understand why it's such a problem to check the firmware update page?  Is it really that much more of an inconvience then digging through audiocircle?

BrysTony

« Reply #67 on: 17 Apr 2015, 12:27 pm »
I believe Marius is looking for the beta versions for early trials.  I want only the released versions which should be what the BDP update indicator advises.

Tony

Marius

« Reply #68 on: 17 Apr 2015, 12:32 pm »
Hey Drummer,

no need to get excited here, please note that im looking for the beta's, not the stable releases.

there's 2 minor glitches in the software concerning these updates : the one on the #beta page not showing anything right now, and the one on the settings page /NEWS, showing an empty page, instead of the changes in the releases.

Hope Chris will find some time to fix these.

Cheers,
MArius

Yes, it does tell you when an UPDATE IS AVAILABLE or NEW FIRMWARE :scratch:,
jeezuz just look on your BDP...hello :o.

Dave Jameson

« Reply #69 on: 17 Apr 2015, 03:46 pm »
Hi Marius,

Which browser are you using? I've updated to S2.11 2015-04-13 and the "news" link works fine and I can also load beta firmware (though the last beta showing was 2015-04-10). I'm using Google Chrome and Safari on IOS.

In the past, I believe there were issues with putting the BDP into Service Mode and accessing updates when used with Shaw (Canadian) internet accounts. Those two issues were solved but perhaps you are having a similar problem with not being able to access beta or "news"?

Marius

« Reply #70 on: 17 Apr 2015, 04:19 pm »
Hey Dave,
Thanks for your post.
Im on OS X Yosemite, and experience the empty News page both on Safari and Chrome.
Chris was aware of this, but just didn't have the time to prioritize this i believe. No big issue of course, just a minor thing to fix.

i can load the beta's, have done so with every one if them, only until the last version 2.11 2015.04.10 the Update #beta page is only showing BETA.
So no clue whether an update beta is available.

Also no main firmware issue obviously, but as an avid beta-aficionado a minor nuisance none the less.

Im sure Chris will come along with a solution one of these or the next.

You say you're on IOS?  on my ipad there's no different experience, updated to the latest apple firmware it is.

btw, the update page responds immediately, before it took a little time to check, which seemed logical. Maybe it doesn't do what it is supposed to.

Marius

Hi Marius,

Which browser are you using? I've updated to S2.11 2015-04-13 and the "news" link works fine and I can also load beta firmware (though the last beta showing was 2015-04-10). I'm using Google Chrome and Safari on IOS.

In the past, I believe there were issues with putting the BDP into Service Mode and accessing updates when used with Shaw (Canadian) internet accounts. Those two issues were solved but perhaps you are having a similar problem with not being able to access beta or "news"?

Dave Jameson

« Reply #71 on: 17 Apr 2015, 05:04 pm »
Hi again Marius,

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I currently cannot replicate the problem you're experiencing, as I can see the beta page with all of the past content loaded (to be clear, there is not a new beta since 2015-04-10) and the news link works perfectly for me as well with the latest stable firmware release. Past releases had admittedly been an issue, in this regard.

So I would assume Chris has not fixed your problem because he can't replicate it either.

From your past posts, you appear to very competent, so you've probably trouble shot anything I can tell you too. But perhaps you should reset your BDP to factory default, maybe reboot your router as well?

Let me know, I'm sure we can figure this one out with some minor trouble shooting.
Dave

Dave Jameson

« Reply #72 on: 20 Apr 2015, 03:15 am »
Hi Marius (and Chris if you're reading),

I just experienced half of your problem: blank beta update page. Strangely enough the link to the "news" section remained active. Anyway, I rebooted the unit, went to the update page--waited for the last stable release details to fully load--and attempted the beta again. This time it worked perfectly and I was able to view and load the latest build.

My BDP2 is hooked up to my network via and Apple Airport Express used as a wifi hub, using the same SSID as my router (Asus if it matters?).

Hopefully these details help! Cheers!

Marius

« Reply #73 on: 20 Apr 2015, 05:19 am »
HI Dave,

Thanks. I've partly solved the issue by updating to the official latest firmware Chris released recently, and subsequently enter the #beta again after that. I'm now on 2.11 2015-04-17! Can't help but love the beta's.

Beta page is showing its contest again also.

I've previously encountered other issues of MM not showing proper content, when the BDP was in the process of updating, or loading new files, among other things. I believe the issue of the empty Beta page was caused by that too, as was the loading, and immediately finishing of the update page itself.

My experience with the BDP is that rebooting is taking longer and longer, and when taking control of the BDP too soon, other strange error messages show. No MPD is loaded, no network connection etc etc. Almost always the solution is to wait some more, and all is well.

Of course, i'm always impatient, and want to enjoy the BDP immediately ;-)

NEWS page is still empty though, that must be another thing, i hope Chris will look into one of these days.

Cheers,
Marius

Marius

« Reply #74 on: 22 Apr 2015, 10:00 am »
HI Chris,

Would it be an option to bring back the 'update folder' button again?

We now have the 'full update' option, and the  'red files + option', for newly added files. What we can't do selectively is update a folder out of which files were moved or deleted.

Moving one album to another folder, or even deleting one single file, means we have to do a full update, which seems rather overkill, especially with extensive libraries.

Hope its possible,
thanks,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #75 on: 22 Apr 2015, 04:59 pm »
HI Chris,

Would it be an option to bring back the 'update folder' button again?

We now have the 'full update' option, and the  'red files + option', for newly added files. What we can't do selectively is update a folder out of which files were moved or deleted.

Moving one album to another folder, or even deleting one single file, means we have to do a full update, which seems rather overkill, especially with extensive libraries.

Hope its possible,
thanks,
Marius

You raise a good point, but the problem is where do i stick the button so its large enough to be used on a 10" tablet, but doesn't crowd the interface... so its not likely to ever come back.  I may look into an alternative feature down the road, perhaps a comparison of folders/files in the database that do not exist on the drive?

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #76 on: 22 Apr 2015, 05:15 pm »
Maybe consider this:

The + sign serves several purposes right now, as does clicking the folder name at the top of the browser window.
You could add a + in that top listing (the white bar), to the right of the folder name. Even on an iPhone there's plenty of room for that.

Clicking the folder name adds all to the playlist. Clicking the + updates that folder.

That way, the + would always and only serve the updating process (as with the  files marked red) and clicking the top folder name would only serve for adding to the playlist.

The comparison you suggest seems very logical. In fact, i wondered why it wasn't there already, since you do have some comparison built in for new files, they turn up in red after all . Make the deleted files show up in another color, as a signal to click the + in the white folder bar :-)

Would work miracles...
Cheers Marius

You raise a good point, but the problem is where do i stick the button so its large enough to be used on a 10" tablet, but doesn't crowd the interface... so its not likely to ever come back.  I may look into an alternative feature down the road, perhaps a comparison of folders/files in the database that do not exist on the drive?

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #77 on: 23 Apr 2015, 12:39 am »
sucessfully loaded MM2.10 on the BDP-1 but having trouble updated artist view DB.  gets to about 60% and locks up, creating music dropouts.  Partitioned 500 GB HDD, with about 10000 tracks.

Similar result without tracks selected or playing.

I couple of things to check include the dashboard for error messages generated by the crash reporter and check how much free space is on your scratch drive.  Also keep in mind you need to redefined your scratch drive after the update from loony loon.

Cheer,
Chris

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #78 on: 23 Apr 2015, 03:39 am »
Is there a recommended size for the scratch drive?

ttsto

« Reply #79 on: 23 Apr 2015, 05:11 am »
After latest upgrade to S2.11 2015-04-13 I noticed that my BDP-1 have some random problems to play 192KHz files (music drops for few seconds in middle of the song) and becomes unresponsive after 8 hours of continuous play
Looking at resources used I see continuous increase of processor use, it starts from 20% after boot and reaches continuous 70% after 4-5 hours; also swap used increases constantly
Settings after 5 hours of play — Services - CPU:68.9% - MEM:98.3% - SWAP: 78%
Even if I stop playing, this numbers remains at such levels
Enable MDP watch is checked, MPD 18.21
Looking for advise