Yeah yeah yeahs?

BlackCat

Yeah yeah yeahs?
« on: 27 Jun 2003, 02:54 pm »
Saw them on Letterman last night (6/26/03).  Really liked them.  Anybody heard the album?  Comments?  The singer chick is kinda cute.

duff138

Yeah yeah yeahs?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2003, 05:49 pm »
definitely worth checking out.  new album is good.  older ep is great too.  it should be pretty cheap too.  probably have mp3's on their site.

JoshK

Yeah yeah yeahs?
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2003, 09:02 pm »
never heard of them, what genre is it?  I only think of the beatles song, "...I love you yeah, yeah, yeah"

duff138

Yeah yeah yeahs?
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2003, 12:19 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
never heard of them, what genre is it?  I only think of the beatles song, "...I love you yeah, yeah, yeah"

pop rock.  art rock. garage rock.  I don't know!   they are from  NY.

BlackCat

Yeah yeah yeahs?
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2003, 03:20 pm »
I picked up the CD...it was $9.99 at Best Buy (cheap).  I'd describe it mostly as "garage rock".  A bit similar to the White Stripes, but better guitar.  I really like one song on it, but haven't got to really listen to the rest of it yet.

Pancho Urbano

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Absolutely!
« Reply #5 on: 3 Jul 2003, 07:40 pm »
YYY's are the real deal.  I've been listening to this record non-stop for the last three weeks.  Post-punk, garage, NY sound -whatever.  Pick up MOJO or even ROLLING STONE and you will read some good stuff on them.  

Karen O coos and caws all over this record with great intensity.  Try to pick it up at a local shop rather than BB.  Even better, lots of indie rock shops offer it on vinyl.  Excellent, excellent record.  Best of the year, so far (after a stellar 2002).
-pu