Capfest

limniscate

Re: Capfest
« Reply #20 on: 24 Aug 2015, 04:06 pm »
How long are you guys in DC?  I will be there from Thursday through Monday.

Phil A

« Reply #21 on: 24 Aug 2015, 04:25 pm »
How long are you guys in DC?  I will be there from Thursday through Monday.

Same here except it will be very late Thursday I will be arriving and very early Monday I will be leaving. I'll probably be meeting friends for dinner Sunday

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #22 on: 25 Aug 2015, 01:56 pm »
Bunky is making arrangement for 36oz cowboy steaks.  I will call and change the reservation to http://www.nickschophouserockville.com/.  We have to drive to the location from the show but it's not too far.

I got Klaus, Alex, Phil, Steve, Bunky and Me so far.  I will post this on the CAF thread on the show circle too. 

bunky

« Reply #23 on: 25 Aug 2015, 09:42 pm »
The reservations have been made for 7:00 pm Friday night. I told them to expect 10 or more guests.

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 26 Aug 2015, 02:44 am »
Looking forward...thank you everyone  :thumb:

Alex

Phil A

« Reply #25 on: 28 Aug 2015, 03:58 pm »

Phil A

« Reply #26 on: 28 Aug 2015, 04:01 pm »
System

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #27 on: 28 Aug 2015, 04:10 pm »
Excellent pic, thanks Phil!

That room looks slightly easier to work with than the one Klaus had at Newport... :lol:

Would be nice if Peter Breuninger stopped by for one of his short videos of the room and sound. For some reason Klaus' rooms are one of the few that actually sound good on YouTube.

dflee

« Reply #28 on: 28 Aug 2015, 09:03 pm »
Beautiful setup.

AlTran

« Reply #29 on: 28 Aug 2015, 09:57 pm »
Phil A, what do you think of the Liquids? How do they sound?

Phil A

« Reply #30 on: 28 Aug 2015, 10:07 pm »
They sound wonderful and a bargain at their price point - spent some time helping set them up as I was putting together a spare rack (off the the side and not in the picture) since I own one of them - drove from FL Thursday and was up until around 2AM in the Odyssey room

AlTran

« Reply #31 on: 28 Aug 2015, 10:24 pm »
Thanks Phil, do they sound like I describe in my room?

Phil A

« Reply #32 on: 1 Sep 2015, 01:53 pm »
Thanks Phil, do they sound like I describe in my room?

Yes - great depth and soundstage

Phil A

« Reply #33 on: 1 Sep 2015, 01:55 pm »
Here are more (and hopefully better pics - not taken with the phone):

GentleBender

« Reply #34 on: 1 Sep 2015, 02:17 pm »
Those are some pretty speakers, wish I could drool over the specs on the Odyssey site.  :P

Phil A

« Reply #35 on: 1 Sep 2015, 02:21 pm »
Those are some pretty speakers, wish I could drool over the specs on the Odyssey site.  :P

The bass was really deep and extended.  Don't know what the specs are but if I had to make a guess from what I listened (I should have brought the outboard microphone for the iPhone to use with the Audio Tools app but didn't think about it before I left) I'd bet the -3db point would be between 25-30Hz and probably a bit closer to 25.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #36 on: 1 Sep 2015, 02:25 pm »
As always Klauss KABOOM for the buck.

charles

Backert Labs

• Industry Participant
« Reply #37 on: 1 Sep 2015, 03:01 pm »
We used the literally unbelievable Kismet monoblocs in our room, and talked about them almost as much as our own product!
The Liquid Kismet speakers were truly impressive when we stopped by to say hi to Klaus -  some guy was just playing his Radiohead CD, and our reaction was "whoa..... " [stop...sit...listen...listen...]

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #38 on: 1 Sep 2015, 03:05 pm »
Befuddled looks -- must have been something I said. 8)

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #39 on: 1 Sep 2015, 03:16 pm »
Kismet liquid with 2 woofers has better mid-range than the 1 woofer version from last year.  Dynamics are the same with may be a little more lower extension -- hard to tell as there were some room issues with bass.  Scanspeak Illuminator Beryllium Tweeter always soared and that remains the same.  The additional woofer must have freed up the midrange to sing.  Vocals are more liquid.  Good shit you know, as Klaus with say.  :thumb: