A few jaw dropping features of Omnia

slash71

Re: A few jaw dropping features of Omnia
« Reply #60 on: 15 Jul 2017, 09:30 am »
CDP-9 MSRP is $1595.
Omnia S1 is expected to retail for $649 (unlike Omnia SP1, it has no DAC inside) and output to coaxial, HDMI (for i2S).

hi rustydog,
omnia s1 support external  dac usb ?

rustydoglim

« Reply #61 on: 16 Jul 2017, 05:14 pm »
I am not clear about your question. Omnia has a coaxial output for external DAC.
It is not a USB DAC to connect to computer, we already have other USB DACs that do that. Omnia replaces a computer, media server, and player.

slash71

« Reply #62 on: 17 Jul 2017, 12:08 pm »
I am not clear about your question. Omnia has a coaxial output for external DAC.
It is not a USB DAC to connect to computer, we already have other USB DACs that do that. Omnia replaces a computer, media server, and player.

I have both the big brother DAC-10H  and  uDSD  ,  the little one is in my project lab to test USB virtualisation protocol for audio ...

some DAC does coax but some DAC's doesn't    ,  uDSD for example cannot be used with Omnia S1 ?

Thanks.
Enrico

rustydoglim

« Reply #63 on: 17 Jul 2017, 06:21 pm »
uDSD is meant to be a USB audio DAC.
It is not a general purpose DAC.

DanM66

« Reply #64 on: 15 Sep 2017, 12:06 am »
Any news on the Omnia release?

rustydoglim

« Reply #65 on: 15 Sep 2017, 04:14 pm »
The player+dock has been pushed out to next year, instead we are focusing on Omnia S1 (i.e. a server version without the screen) before end of the year, but you can connect the HDMI to monitor, USB to keyboard and mouse, so you can still run streaming apps etc on the server.
The player consumes too much power and play time is not ideal, it gets hot too, so we don't want to release it. On hindsight, trying to release a player that run as a server is a little too challenging for us.

Omnia S1 would work better with the other products within the family.

Cliff B.

« Reply #66 on: 3 Oct 2017, 03:43 pm »
The player+dock has been pushed out to next year, instead we are focusing on Omnia S1 (i.e. a server version without the screen) before end of the year, but you can connect the HDMI to monitor, USB to keyboard and mouse, so you can still run streaming apps etc on the server.
The player consumes too much power and play time is not ideal, it gets hot too, so we don't want to release it. On hindsight, trying to release a player that run as a server is a little too challenging for us.

Omnia S1 would work better with the other products within the family.
Jason,
I'm trying to find a music server solution for my RV. Low power or battery powered is preferred because we mostly boondock and run off of a large battery bank and Inverter.
There are lots of small servers out there, the Aries Mini comes to mind, but they have to be controlled over wifi. That's ok if the server can act as an access point, eliminating the need for a router. Does the S1 require wifi for remote control? Can it be an access point? You mentioned the ability to plug keyboard and mouse into the USB ports, could this accommodate a wireless USB keyboard/mouse with a usb dongle?

rustydoglim

« Reply #67 on: 5 Oct 2017, 08:39 pm »
For low power use, why not just get the Raspberry Pi with Plex DLNA server ?
I think the S1 will consume little power, but it comes in the 9 series case, so it takes up too much space.
There is a plan to make cheap Omnia server, but not within the next few months.

For the first time, we completed the following test this week:
Android phone running Omnia server and renderer streaming to/from Omnia SP1 (that's the S1 with screen that we are not releasing).

Android phone with free Omnia apps:
Omnia server - allows the Android device to become a DLNA music server to stream music from its storage - FREE
Omnia receiver (renderer) - allows Android phone to receive or stream to another DLNA device (doesn't have to be Android)
Omnia player/controller - allows Android phone to control another Omnia device
*** The above are all FREE

NuPrime Omnia hardware (including future integrated amp or DAC with Omnia inside):
Omnia server - able to take advantage of custom hardware for better performance
Omnia receiver - allows Omnia device receive or stream to another DLNA device, able to take advantage of custom hardware for better performance
Omnia player - runs on device that has a screen

If you just want to have a music server and receiver in your car, you can just get the free Omnia apps on an Android tablet.

Our project has suffered delayed due to the amount of work required for such a complete system. We don't want to develop a half way solution, there are too many of those on the market today.

Cliff B.

« Reply #68 on: 5 Oct 2017, 10:57 pm »

The designated cabinet is large enough to accommodate the 9 series, it would likely share the cabinet with my IDA8. I would love to see a video of this unit in operation, being controlled headlessly by an android device.

rustydoglim

« Reply #69 on: 8 Oct 2017, 04:07 pm »
as soon as the Android app is ready for beta test, I will contact some of you.

reillyzing

« Reply #70 on: 24 Jan 2018, 07:15 pm »
Is the end of February still the target for Omnia S1? I think that's what I read...Thanks.

rustydoglim

« Reply #71 on: 24 Jan 2018, 07:40 pm »
The app is  finally going to a few select distributor audiophiles for limited release.
This is the app that runs on Android phone to control or stream to Omnia S1 server.  Omnia S1 can also be a receiver for your Roon or other DLNA servers. 
Omnia S1 is waiting for another hardware board revision (found minor bugs) and then a version of the App will run on S1.
S1 can be connected to a display monitor with USB mouse and keyboard so it can be used independent of your smartphone.
Obviously your Spotify, Tidal, and a long list of streaming services app can run on S1. 

We are almost there (I said it many times before, but this is for real).

pmctexas

« Reply #72 on: 25 Mar 2018, 01:38 pm »
Any update? I’m in the market and this would go great with my curent Nuprime stack..

rustydoglim

« Reply #73 on: 27 Mar 2018, 01:16 am »
In the next few weeks, the preproduction Omnia S1 hardware and software are being tested and debugged.