New rack design used at Axpona for SALE!!!

EdRo

• Industry Participant
New rack design used at Axpona for SALE!!!
« on: 19 May 2015, 06:57 pm »
The rack used in the Vapor/LampizatOr/Lamm/Antipodes/Verrastar room at Axpona in Chicago is for sale.
A brief description of the rack ...
Total height is 43 inches. The weight of the rack is 171 lbs. The rack is a cantilever arm design and is built from solid 6160 aluminum. The base of the rack sits on .5" thick x 20"wide x 35"deep plate, with 1.5" x 3" x 35" solid stock milled to accept the 1" x 3" spines, with teeth milled in the backs. The arms are milled from 1.5" x 1" solid stock. A piece of 1" solid roundstock spans across each set of arms to lock in the teeth of the spines for space adjustment.
     I used bamboo ply for all 4 of the shelves. The top shelf is somewhat larger at 24" x 24" x 1.5" thick. I thought a larger size might make it more turntable friendly. The 3 lower shelves are 24"w x 20"d x 3/4" thick. Many audiophiles prefer the sound signature of their gear on maple; I opted to use bamboo because of its similar qualities. They are both a hardwood, while bamboo is much harder and more easily replenished. No trees were cut in the making of this rack!!!
     Herbies dbNeutralizer is placed between the aluminum arms and the bamboo shelves. Herbies products speak for themselves. As far as load capacity on the shelves goes, I weigh 240 lbs, and I stood on them!
     I have tried to design a rack that is easy to put together,(it literally took longer to take the shelves out of the bubble wrap than to assemble the entire rack!!!) is strong, shows gear well, and be as sonically neutral as possible. This rack design opens your gear on 3 sides, allowing for optimal cooling and the stair step shelving minimizes possible electrical interference between pieces of equipment. Standard rack equipment size is 19". The spines in the back of this rack are 20" apart offering unhindered access to all wiring/plugging issues.
My "After Axpona" show price for this rack is $4500.00 If anyone might be interested in this rack, please drop me a pm! I'd be happy to answer any questions. Thanks for looking!!!