Coax and AES.

Roberto135

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #1982 on: 3 Mar 2018, 10:30 am »
Ok, thank You. I remembered badly that I had only one before...  :duh:

NHSkier

« Reply #1983 on: 19 Mar 2018, 09:34 pm »
James, is there any reason a BDP and/or BDA could not be installed vertically versus horizontally? Based on pictures, I do not see any vents on top of the units. The reason I ask is that the TV cabinet I'm working with has limited shelf space and my amp, universal disc player and cable box take up the main section, leaving me with only the narrower sections on the sides. The WAF prevents me from upgrading to a larger media cabinet or dedicated rack. Thanks.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1984 on: 19 Mar 2018, 11:34 pm »
James, is there any reason a BDP and/or BDA could not be installed vertically versus horizontally? Based on pictures, I do not see any vents on top of the units. The reason I ask is that the TV cabinet I'm working with has limited shelf space and my amp, universal disc player and cable box take up the main section, leaving me with only the narrower sections on the sides. The WAF prevents me from upgrading to a larger media cabinet or dedicated rack. Thanks.

Hi

There are no moving parts so you should be fine.

james

NHSkier

« Reply #1985 on: 19 Mar 2018, 11:41 pm »
Great news! Thanks for the quick response.

Lwxian

« Reply #1986 on: 31 Mar 2018, 01:26 pm »
Hi james, i would like to upgrade my bdp-2 to bdp-3. When will it be made available? I heard from my local dealer that it is still not made available for upgrade yet.
I have been using the tidal app quite a lot these days... I find the bryston tidal app is acting pretty slow. Hence, hopefully the bdp-3 hardware upgrade will speed up the app.
Oh yes, the bryston tidal app could not call out EP and singles under the chosen artist. The discography under the chosen artist only display albums and not EP and singles which is a very important feature of tidal. Hope the next firmware update will fix that issue.
Thanks!
Leong

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1987 on: 31 Mar 2018, 01:51 pm »
Hi james, i would like to upgrade my bdp-2 to bdp-3. When will it be made available? I heard from my local dealer that it is still not made available for upgrade yet.
I have been using the tidal app quite a lot these days... I find the bryston tidal app is acting pretty slow. Hence, hopefully the bdp-3 hardware upgrade will speed up the app.
Oh yes, the bryston tidal app could not call out EP and singles under the chosen artist. The discography under the chosen artist only display albums and not EP and singles which is a very important feature of tidal. Hope the next firmware update will fix that issue.
Thanks!
Leong

Hi Leong

The upgrade has been available for a few months now - please email Mike - mpickett@bryston.com

james

Lwxian

« Reply #1988 on: 1 Apr 2018, 01:13 am »
Thanks James for the quick reply! Yup, I will follow up with Mike.

audioMirror

« Reply #1989 on: 10 May 2018, 12:35 am »
Has anyone had issues with accessing the BDP on a windows 10 network?  Mine seems very flaky.  I only access the drive on the network when i upload new music so i'm not sure when it disappeared.  MM can still be accessed via the PC and it works ok but no luck seeing the drive on the network.  Once last night it seemed to be there but when i clicked on the icon the password screen didn't pop up just a message stating something like the name might not be matching.  I have an internal drive so this is a real pita.  Very frustrating to the point i might be looking for a new player or taking the internal drive out and use an external.  This used to be a relaxing pastime where have we gone.

On my last Windows 10 update, I also lost the ability to see the BDP-2 internal drive.  I also had to go into "Turn Windows Features On/Off", and re-enable Samba 1 client capability on the Windows machine.

While this is an okay workaround for my situation, as a software developer, I would suggest that Bryston really does have to support the more secure Samba, sooner than later.  In the software world, old security protocols are being turned off all over the place.  There will come a day when the BDP simply will not connect to anything via Samba. 

Of course, upgrading could have an effect on old client machines.  That's where testers make their money :)

BigGeek

« Reply #1990 on: 10 May 2018, 10:45 pm »
On my last Windows 10 update, I also lost the ability to see the BDP-2 internal drive.  I also had to go into "Turn Windows Features On/Off", and re-enable Samba 1 client capability on the Windows machine.

While this is an okay workaround for my situation, as a software developer, I would suggest that Bryston really does have to support the more secure Samba, sooner than later.  In the software world, old security protocols are being turned off all over the place.  There will come a day when the BDP simply will not connect to anything via Samba. 

Of course, upgrading could have an effect on old client machines.  That's where testers make their money :)

+1000

Took me a really long time to figure out that I had to turn on SMB1 again.

Definitely time to sort this one out.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #1991 on: 11 May 2018, 06:40 am »
Ditto to all of that.

mslater915

« Reply #1992 on: 13 May 2018, 02:22 am »
James, wondering if you or your guys could help. I have a BDP 2 that feeds into a Chord Dave and blu mk ii CD player. At the moment it is connected by usb and works very well.

I have ordered an AES cable and a BNC cable to free up the USB connection to the DAC to connect to my Mac mini. The problem is that when I connect the BDP 2 via AES or BNC I don’t see either connection available in the devices tab. I tried restarting the device several times in the hope that a restart would force the player to repelled for new devices. However that doesn’t seem to work.

I am wondering if I did something wrong when I upgraded the card to new IAD last year?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1993 on: 13 May 2018, 06:03 am »
James, wondering if you or your guys could help. I have a BDP 2 that feeds into a Chord Dave and blu mk ii CD player. At the moment it is connected by usb and works very well.

I have ordered an AES cable and a BNC cable to free up the USB connection to the DAC to connect to my Mac mini. The problem is that when I connect the BDP 2 via AES or BNC I don’t see either connection available in the devices tab. I tried restarting the device several times in the hope that a restart would force the player to repelled for new devices. However that doesn’t seem to work.

I am wondering if I did something wrong when I upgraded the card to new IAD last year?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike.

Hi Mike,

AES/EBU and COAX are the Bryston IAD entry on the devices page, it doesn't show as the chord simply because theirs no way for the DAC to communicate that to the BDP via SPDIF.

Chris

Rajkumar.P

« Reply #1994 on: 16 Aug 2018, 11:21 am »
Hello Bryston, I have BDP-1 as well as BDP-2, I observed both have problem if there is any small vibration (even if I touch BDP hardly) it was hanging while playing song repeated (look like scratch LP record) panel keyboard not respond as well as media player. I have to shutdown restart BDP. Seems look like lose connection! Please help me what could be to cause? Thanks Rajkumar     

BigGeek

Error code 04
« Reply #1995 on: 17 Sep 2018, 11:06 pm »
I have a BDP-2 with IAD and the Sept. 11 firmware version of MM. Lately I have had the unit click and then show an Error code 04. I turn the unit off and then have to remove and replace power to it to get it to come back on. It has happened only a few times. When it comes back up it is fine.

Seems like it happens when it is really hot outside. The unit is a bit more enclosed than I would like. Could an error code 04 be caused by warm conditions?

Thanks

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1996 on: 19 Sep 2018, 05:23 pm »
Error 04 is a low line voltage message, the line voltage has sagged so low that the transformer inside the BDP is dropping the voltage to much for the BDP's regulators to use and thus the BDP's system board isn't able to function.  It could be related to how hot it is outside in the sense that everyone in your neighbourhood have there AC running and causing heavy load on the service in your area to the point were the line voltage is sagging to much.

Chris

BigGeek

« Reply #1997 on: 19 Sep 2018, 10:25 pm »
Thanks Chris. I’ll keep a close eye on it.

gbaby

« Reply #1998 on: 7 Oct 2018, 01:25 am »
Error 04 is a low line voltage message, the line voltage has sagged so low that the transformer inside the BDP is dropping the voltage to much for the BDP's regulators to use and thus the BDP's system board isn't able to function.  It could be related to how hot it is outside in the sense that everyone in your neighbourhood have there AC running and causing heavy load on the service in your area to the point were the line voltage is sagging to much.

Chris

Would a line conditioner solve a temporary low voltage problem?

jimsmy

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player Error 9
« Reply #1999 on: 27 Oct 2018, 10:11 pm »
Hi,
I recent had Error 9 come up on my BDP2. I followed the recommended checks and re flashed the CF card. The message is still there. I confirmed that the CF card was ok on my BDP1. When the player is on standby there is is high pitched noise from the area around the power supply board that disappears when the unit is activated ( green light on).
I would appreciate some advice.
Thanks,
Jim