cnc machine cut logo

rockdrummer

cnc machine cut logo
« on: 8 Apr 2016, 05:02 pm »
Hello everyone.  Long story, but I have super v tops, and can't buy subs yet. But I am lucky enough to have a co-worker whose husband has a nice cnc. He graciously offered to cut my super v parts, except sides which I wanted to design myself. They came out great. Ron is right. Who doesn't love cnc'd mdf? While there at his shop picking up the pieces, he showed me some other stuff he has done on his machine.

When I sent him the logo, in about 20 minutes he sent me a mock up of what it would look like. So these are going to be the servo amp boxes.

I love that machine! Thought you guys might like to see it too.

Ben

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Re: cnc machine cut logo
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2016, 05:03 pm »
Nice!  If I had a CNC machine, I'd consider getting back into speaker building.

DeeJayBump

« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2016, 06:15 pm »
Yep. That's cool.

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2016, 07:14 pm »
/drool

Man, now that looks killer!

Captainhemo

« Reply #4 on: 9 Apr 2016, 02:13 am »
Pretty cool   :thumb:.
I had considered doing the same thing on one side of our amp boxes and Rythmik on the other but in the end  decided to keep it simple, wasn't sure everyone would want  "brands" on their  boxes

jay

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 9 Apr 2016, 03:15 am »
Ben,

That does look fantastic.

I wish CNC machines were as inexpensive as 3D printers. Heck, I wish for lots of things, but easy access to reasonably priced CNC would be very high on my list.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 9 Apr 2016, 03:41 am »
Pretty cool   :thumb:.
I had considered doing the same thing on one side of our amp boxes and Rythmik on the other but in the end  decided to keep it simple, wasn't sure everyone would want  "brands" on their  boxes

jay
Jay,
Just do it!   :thumb:

Captainhemo

« Reply #7 on: 9 Apr 2016, 04:01 am »
Jay,
Just do it!   :thumb:

I'll add it to the list   :lol:

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 10 Apr 2016, 03:15 am »
That looks great!

rockdrummer

« Reply #9 on: 17 Jan 2017, 01:57 am »
Nothing like baby steps! I have been working ever so slowly. Hi everyone. Minnesota has been cold lately and working in the garage and using a few tools to cut and shape stuff takes me so so long. Fun times, but you know the story.

Happy with the turnout of the servo amps boxes. My kids wanted to paint some so they helped choose colors and this is what we have.

Will add tech flex and the neutrix connectors soon. I recently finished a bottlehead battery powered preamp and then for finishing the super v cabinets.
Thanks for looking.
Ben

Danny Richie

« Reply #10 on: 17 Jan 2017, 02:05 am »
I love it.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 17 Jan 2017, 02:34 am »
Very cool  :thumb:

rockdrummer

« Reply #12 on: 17 Jan 2017, 03:19 am »
Thanks guys. The colors started out brighter but we darkened them up.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #13 on: 17 Jan 2017, 11:55 am »
That is going to be sweet. And you will certainly love the sound when you're done.

Philistine

« Reply #14 on: 17 Jan 2017, 07:00 pm »
I have zero wood working skills so finished up having V2 cabinets built for me and buying a used pair of Super V's, I still need nice looking boxes for the plate amps that look as good as the speaker cabinets.  One idea suggested to me was to go to a facility such as the Tech Shop, I could either learn the skills and use their equipment, or pay a member (they're also looking for projects and post them on a notice board) to do the build for me:

http://www.techshop.ws

If you live close to one, or something similar, it's a great option to gain access to CNC equipment without having to buy it.

When Danny has a Super V replacement kit this is my potential build path.

Captainhemo

« Reply #15 on: 17 Jan 2017, 07:20 pm »
We're still selling these
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=139480.40

Prices on page 1, reply  # 10

jay

rockdrummer

« Reply #16 on: 20 Jan 2017, 01:37 pm »
Hi y'all.  I was terminating the servo amp wires with the speakon connector.  The thicker wires are of course easy to tighten up, but the small wires are too small.  I have watched videos and searched some directions for installation but haven't run into the issue of the smaller wires not getting snug.  I was just going to adjust the length and bend those thin wires back to "double" the size to make them stay snug.  How have you guys done this?  Or am I just not getting the wires far enough inside.  I trimmed the jacket twice thinking it was enough bare wire, but maybe not :scratch:

Thanks
Ben

Danny Richie

« Reply #17 on: 20 Jan 2017, 02:30 pm »
Hi y'all.  I was terminating the servo amp wires with the speakon connector.  The thicker wires are of course easy to tighten up, but the small wires are too small.  I have watched videos and searched some directions for installation but haven't run into the issue of the smaller wires not getting snug.  I was just going to adjust the length and bend those thin wires back to "double" the size to make them stay snug.  How have you guys done this?  Or am I just not getting the wires far enough inside.  I trimmed the jacket twice thinking it was enough bare wire, but maybe not :scratch:

Thanks
Ben

I fold them over to double up their size.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #18 on: 20 Jan 2017, 02:37 pm »
What wire are you using? I have folded and twisted wire to build it's diameter. In the case of Speakons in my last build, I got bulk Canare 4S11 from Blue Jeans Cable.

On a completely unrelated note, I noticed you have Dedo the gargoyle. I have his (her?) little brother!

rockdrummer

« Reply #19 on: 20 Jan 2017, 02:46 pm »
Thanks Danny.

Peter J, I am using the wires that come right out of the amp.  Then on the other side of the speakon will be the OFC to the drivers that came with the kit from Danny.

Yeah, gargoyles started showing up in my house growing up.  My mom would buy small ones that either had a good story like Dedo, or were small and had "not-so-goulish" character.  I have a small one that sits on a shelf and has his toes crossed, and another that is reading a book. 

ben