• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Magnepan and Bryston
« on: 27 Aug 2014, 02:52 pm »
James,

Amazing combination

Best Mini Maggie ---- ever!

Our Dealer Butch in Pittsburgh now has what might be considered a 20.7 on the desk that we supplied. He has lots of room around the desk (maybe 20 feet to the front wall and we installed a $6,000 stack of the Bryston B135 integrated amp and Bryston BDA-2 DAC.

When I arrived, he thought maybe something was wrong with the Mini Maggies because it shut down a (EDIT)  integrated. So, we made the switch and we were all in awe of the sound. Easily the best I have ever heard.

Wendell Diller
Magnepan

dgarratt

Re: Magnepan and Bryston
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2014, 10:36 am »
Nice work James..another happy Bryston customer  :)

amblin

• 'On the cutting edge of cocking about.'
« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2014, 07:24 pm »
A friend of mine is using 7B's to drive his mag 3.7 (I guess, quite large), it's one of the most interesting setup I've heard. While sitting directly next to the units, the sound is actually coming from BEHIND the speakers, deflected by the corner  .

steve88d

« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2014, 02:42 pm »
I have been a Magnepan owner / lover for over 12 years and only recently have I discovered the magic of the Maggie Bryston combo (though not quite what you would expect). I run 1.7's and dive them with a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum integrated amp. The combination of Maggie's and tubes is magical IMO. I have always heard get the best source you can to really make your system sing but never had the means or opportunity to fully experience this. I recently invested in a second hand BDA 1 and BDP 1. This combination has become the primary source of music in my set up. I have never before experienced the kind of satisfaction and pure joy I get now when listening to music at home. The detail, life-like presentation,  dynamics, soundstage, convenience and ease of use are second to none. I have removed (sold) all other sources and the Bryston pieces are here to stay. So that's my story with Bryston and Magnepan pairing in my set up. Not an amplifier as you might expect but a source which I have learned may be even more (if not equally) important for excellent sound. Thank you Bryston for creating these excellent products and the superb customer service (in assisting my initial set up troubles) you truly have transformed the way I listen to and enjoy music at home.