BoJack Horseman

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
BoJack Horseman
« on: 25 Aug 2014, 07:49 am »
Is anyone here watching the new Netflix show BoJack Horseman?  It's fantastic! :thumb:  I read a lot of good reviews of it and decided to sign up for Netflix just to watch it.  Only a couple episodes in now but so far it's hilarious!  Really really witty, it hits on multiple levels.  The basic plot is that BoJack Horseman was the star of a 90's sitcom called "Horsing Around" but now is just a washed up has been, loafing around his mansion.  The world he inhabits is a mix of humans and anthropomorphized animals; his agent (and ex-girlfriend) is a cat named Princess Caroline.  Bojack is voiced by Will Arnet with Aaron Paul playing his houseguest/only friend.

Pretty funny show!  Gonna watch the third episode right now! 8)

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: BoJack Horseman
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2014, 11:00 am »
Good timing!  Just finished watching the last episode, and now I read it's been picked up for another season! :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2014, 03:06 pm »
Just added it!  Yet another reason I love Netflix.  $8 per month, it's amazing.  I remember renting a DVD from Blockbuster and returning them late cost me more than $8 for one DVD!  Sure, there is not always first run shows right away, but I've learned to be patient for them.  Plus the original content is always interesting.  Check out Lillyhammer next - the 1st season is pretty funny, but the 2nd is freaking hilarious. 

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2015, 03:02 pm »
Ditto on the Netflix love, I dropped cable and only use streaming services now.

BoJack Horseman is hilarious, love it.    If you liked it, you might also want to check out Mike Tyson Mysteries.  I wouldn't have glossed over it but a friend told me about it.   It is short, the episodes are like 10-15mins long, but it is very witty, irreverent and makes fun of Mikey a lot.   Mike Tyson does his own voice and most of the cameo's are the real person.    Cormac McCarthy, my favorite author as of now, is in the first episode.