DSD?

DB

DSD?
« on: 11 Dec 2013, 01:52 am »
Are there any plans with the Bellina Pro to have a DSD upgrade?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: DSD?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2013, 02:43 am »
Hey DB,

Welcome to AC and the RWA forum!

While I'm not in a rush to offer a DSD upgrade, it is something that has entered my mind.  To be honest, I'm still holding out to
see if this new wave of DSD downloads takes off, or goes the way of SACD (just not enough music selection for me, and I don't want
to just buy DSD versions of all the "classics" that were brought out on high res PCM).   I wasn't in a rush to offer high res PCM, either. 
But when enough of our customers are interested, then I move forward with a well-implemented solution.

Most of the time, I'm just dreaming of the day when more artists AND consumers demand more attention to be paid to how the music is recorded and mastered, instead of the energy that is being focused on more bits and/or higher sampling rates.  It ALWAYS goes back to the
recording and mastering process.  If you don't get that right, then don't hold your breath for higher and higher resolution to fix it.  :wink:

I'm open to discussion of this.  I am not anti-DSD or high-res PCM.  But with excellent Redbook recordings and the Bellina dac in NOS mode, I
don't ever find myself looking for more because I just want to get lost in listening.  And I value a large selection of music of all types, and it
bug me when a format has a limited selection.  I just can't find much of what I want (yet) with high res PCM or DSD.   

Thanks for your post,

Vinnie

DB

« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2013, 03:08 pm »
I haven't heard a DSD download yet, not having the capability, but the reviews are favorable. Being in the market for a new DAC next year I was thinking it would be good to have the DSD option.

fitmartin

« Reply #3 on: 23 Dec 2013, 05:59 pm »
What recorded music labels have the best sonics? as in CD for my system?

thanks,

Martin Michael    :thumb:

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #4 on: 23 Dec 2013, 09:54 pm »
What recorded music labels have the best sonics? as in CD for my system?

thanks,

Martin Michael    :thumb:
What types of music do you enjoy listening too?