2.5b3 question

Nordkapp

2.5b3 question
« on: 31 Dec 2018, 09:39 pm »
When i press the power buttion to turn on the amp, there is an odd but brief sound. It's difficult for me to describe. Is this normal? It is not of the clicking type. More akin to a very dull whin lasting .25-.50 seconds. Is this normal? Is this part of the soft start circuitry? Any help appreciated....

Mag

Re: 2.5b3 question
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2018, 10:22 pm »
It sounds to me that you are describing the soft start circuitry. There is a switch on the back of my 3B SST/2 were it toggles between manual and switch On. I have mine in the On position, power is connected to power conditioner. When I turn the power conditioner On the amps come on without the soft start.

techguy0192

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2019, 02:21 am »
Perfectly normal.  My 2.5B3 made the sound from day one.  I did ask about it, as my previous 3BSST2 was silent on turn on.  I was assured all was fine.  Interesting that the SST2 and Cubed were opposit of each other.  The Cubed had a turn on sound and was silent when powered off.  My SST2 was silent on but made the well known/discussed "zippp" sound at power off as the capacitors discharged - also totally normal.

Nordkapp

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jan 2019, 02:43 am »
Awesome! Thanks so much. I can rest easy now...whew..