MJAO G 098 - The Anagram - Crossover revision

Henke

Re: MJAO G 098 - The Anagram - Crossover revision
« Reply #120 on: 7 Oct 2009, 08:12 pm »
Hi im new into OB and have done the first testing with one side removed from my lastet DIY speaker, just addead a 12inch woofer, and so far im very pleased with the result.
The plan is to do a colne of MJAU and Jamo 907. I wonder what happens if i place the mid/hige combo at the "top coner" opposite to MJAO.

Regards Henrik

gumleguf

Re: MJAO G 098 - The Anagram - Crossover revision
« Reply #121 on: 27 Jan 2011, 11:54 am »
This post/speaker is perfect (!) since I've suddenly gotten an urge to try and build a Jamo R909 "copy", although with not quite as high-ends speaker units to minimize cost a bit.

This project looks very cool and relatively low budget. Nice.  :D

However, it's been a while since anyone posted anything (including scorpion himself). Was this speaker project abandoned, or could one still get help/support?  :scratch:

David Whistance

Re: MJAO G 098 - The Anagram
« Reply #122 on: 20 Jul 2014, 09:02 am »
Hello all, my apologies for reviving this thread, however I would like to try something similar and am looking for advice for a starting point. I don't think the midrange drivers used in this project are available any more (and maybe not the tweeters) or I would just build this and go from there. So to the question: if you were starting this today which drivers would you suggest for midrange and tweeter? I would like to use Acoustic Elegance bass drivers and my intention would be to use a digital cross over between the bass and mid/tweeter. I would prefer to have a passive crossover from mid to tweeter to allow me to use my parallel single ended 2A3 amp to drive them. Many thanks in advance for your help.

David Whistance