New Linkwitz LX family designs coming in 2015

steve f

Re: New Linkwitz LX family designs coming in 2015
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2014, 07:54 pm »
I not so secretly wish for a DSP version of the Orion. Heck, let's make it a 4 way. I don't want to part with mine yet.

Steve.  :thumb:

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2014, 08:15 pm »
I like the idea of starting with the LXmini and then being able to upgrade over time. The LX521 can be a little pricey if purchased all in one go.

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2014, 10:05 pm »
I am itching to hear the stock LXmini to determine if it's a project I want to undertake. The bummer is that the Emotiva amp that Sigfried used in his build has been discontinued by Emotiva with no plans for a replacement.

It will be very cool if you can build the LXmini and then upgrade them to the LXstudio without throwing away too much stuff.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2014, 10:35 pm »
You don't have to use the discontinued Emotiva amp. I'm planning to use four monoblocks I already own. There is also a thread on the Orion board where people are talking about various low-cost chip amps.

Doublej

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2014, 12:29 am »
You don't have to use the discontinued Emotiva amp. I'm planning to use four monoblocks I already own. There is also a thread on the Orion board where people are talking about various low-cost chip amps.

I know but five channels of decent amplification in one box for under $300 delivered was a crazy good deal. Building an amp is a whole different level of work. Linkwitz talks about possibly coming out with some boards but one would still have to get out the soldering iron, find a case ....

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2014, 02:52 am »
I know but five channels of decent amplification in one box for under $300 delivered was a crazy good deal. Building an amp is a whole different level of work. Linkwitz talks about possibly coming out with some boards but one would still have to get out the soldering iron, find a case ....
Then go to the Outlaw forum. I saw a UPA-500 for sale at a very reasonable price.

rabbit

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jan 2015, 07:28 pm »
the logical upgrade for the lxmini would be seperate tweeters imo.
the bass section from 521 with the 4x10 would come to like 3-4 times the cost of a lxmini pair, with only the cheaper top baffles remaining, no point keeping them any longer then is it..?