Huge liquidation sale!

Danny Richie

Huge liquidation sale!
« on: 10 May 2012, 09:29 pm »
Carnegie Acoustics is a client of mine that I designed two product lines for.

One is a Contemporary line based on my N series kits using the BG Neo tweeter and a knock off of my M-130 woofer. And they did a nice job on the woofers. They are just made by a different manufacturer.

The second product line is the Classic Series that is similar (from a performance stand point) to my A/V Series designs. These have a Pedestal look to them that gives them a high wife acceptance factor. I know this first hand as my wife told me that I could get all of the rest of these speakers out of here and just bring in a pair of Carnegie's Pedestale's. The finish is a very nice gloss Black and the grills are held on magnetically (all models).

Both lines have been marketed through high end audio stores throughout the country. However, the economy has not been good to the audio industry in the last few years and stores are not buying or selling much of anything. In fact many of the traditional stores have been scaling back or closing up. Product is just not moving like it once was. So Carnegie has decided to scale back to just one product line, and they are going to liquidate the Classic Series products for about 70% off.

Read about this product line here at the Carnegie Web site: http://www.carnegieacoustics.com/#/products/

The Pedestale has 89.5db sensitivity (not 87db as the cut and paste error indicates on the web site) and is an easy 8 ohm load.

It has a rear mounted PR tuned to 36Hz (below it's 3db down point) so placing it close to a wall increases the bottom end below it's -3db range giving it really good low end extension. This is a smooth sounding speaker that is very forgiving of home theater receivers as sources. So you can power these things with just about anything.

These retail for $2,999 a pair but are now being liquidated for $899 a pair.

The Centrare is a great center channel and they can be stood up and uses as left and right main speakers. These also have 89.5db sensitivity and are an easy 8 ohm load. They are a sealed box and can be placed near a rear wall.

These sold for $899 each and are now on sale for $299 each.

The Devanti is a great little mini-monitor with a matching pedestal look. It has 87db sensitivity and is also 8 ohms.

These sold for $1,299 a pair and are now marked down to $399 a pair.

To make things even easier you can even call me direct to ask questions about them and to order them. They will then be drop shipped from the Chicago ware house straight to you. The GR Research number is 940-592-3400.
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2012, 06:23 pm by Danny Richie »

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: Huge liquidation sale!
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2012, 10:13 pm »
The Pedestale speakers sounded very good at RMAF a few years ago.   :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2012, 09:39 pm »
Man, these speakers are way to nice to be blowing them out at $399 a pair.

I just popped a pair of the Davanti's out. They are double boxed and well packed with foam blocks around them. And each speaker is in an embroidered velour bag. 

The high gloss Black finish looks really good too.

It's like a black mirror.

And the grills are held on magnetically too.

This pair is about to get upgraded with Sonicaps!  :thumb:

And they come stock with tube connectors and a pack of the male studs to be installed on your speaker cables. How about that? A pair of speakers that can be bought for $399 a pair have the highest quality connectors money can buy.

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2012, 10:05 pm »
I just popped out a woofer and pulled out the insulation.

The top and bottom panels are 1.25" thick. There are several braces on the sides and the whole cabinet is lined with a heavy composite damping layer similar to what is used in No Rez but a little thicker.

The crossover uses all air core inductors and poly caps. Even the resistors are good quality (not sand caste).

This is a lot of speaker for the money.

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2012, 06:52 pm »
Well, the pair pictured above was upgraded with some Sonicaps and shipped out last week. I still can't believe the value.

saisunil

« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2012, 09:21 pm »
Amazing deal Danny ... I need to bookmark them for the next move ...

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2012, 06:49 pm »
Amazing deal Danny ... I need to bookmark them for the next move ...

Everyone needs to be bookmarking this stuff.

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2012, 07:20 pm »
Lots of these are still left and prices are great.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2012, 08:11 pm »
Danny, the Carnegie website appears to be down.

Danny Richie

« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2012, 08:45 pm »
Danny, the Carnegie website appears to be down.

It worked for me: http://www.carnegieacoustics.com/#/home/

Danny Richie

« Reply #10 on: 19 Jun 2012, 10:36 pm »
I just got in a pair of the Pedistale models. I can't believe they are blowing these out for only $899 a pair. These speakers are beautiful!

Even the boxes look good.

Packaging looks good too.

Then as I pulled away the packing material there was that nice looking velour bag with the Carnegie Acoustics name embroidery on it.   

Pictures just do not do these justice. The high gloss black is simply stunning.

And here it is with the grill on. The grills are held on magnetically of coarse.

And the back side allows a view of the passive radiator.

Here is a closer look at that PR.

And here is a close up of the drivers.

The Electra Cable tube connectors are located on the bottom of the speaker. The speaker comes with rollers to make moving them around easy. The also come with some really nice floor spikes that replace the rollers. They even include a small wrench for removing and installing the rollers and floor spikes.

These things are just top notch from top to bottom. All of the internals are good quality parts as well.

And market research has showed that wives love the look of these speakers. So if you want a really great sounding speaker, that looks really nice, that can be placed near a rear wall, and the wife will love, then these might be your speakers. And they are 70% off of retail!!!

Call me if you want this pair: 940-592-3400

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 6 Jul 2012, 05:57 pm »
Today I popped open one of the Centrare center speakers. Man these look good. I really like the special touch of the embroidered Black velvet bag.

Time to break out the White gloves. These things are slick. I was afraid I'd get a finger print on them.

The end caps really give these a classy old style look that really ties in the look of the whole line.

And in this pic you can see just how good the finish is by the reflection of the embroidery on the velvet bag behind it.

The back of the speaker shows the custom Black and Silver tube connectors.

And here it is with the grill on. They are held on magnetically of coarse.

I can't believe that these are only $299 a piece. Give me a call if you are interested in any of these.

persisting1

« Reply #12 on: 6 Jul 2012, 07:51 pm »
A little off topic, but I like the coloring of the Electra tube connectors used on these speakers better than the originals. Can this be an option down the road?

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 6 Jul 2012, 08:20 pm »
A little off topic, but I like the coloring of the Electra tube connectors used on these speakers better than the originals. Can this be an option down the road?

I think if you order a thousand of them per order they will make them in any color that you want.

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #14 on: 7 Jul 2012, 12:45 am »
Danny, dropped you a PM.  Call tomorrow.
Mark

Ericus Rex

« Reply #15 on: 7 Jul 2012, 12:52 am »
Anyone tried two centers as a stereo setup?

persisting1

« Reply #16 on: 7 Jul 2012, 01:10 am »
I think if you order a thousand of them per order they will make them in any color that you want.

Darn, that's 996 more than I need  :lol:

Danny Richie

« Reply #17 on: 7 Jul 2012, 02:30 am »
Anyone tried two centers as a stereo setup?

That was one of the applications that they were intended for. They are sealed boxes too so they will work pretty well near a rear wall or on a shelf.

Darn, that's 996 more than I need  :lol:

Well, you could always paint them.  :)

bfs21

« Reply #18 on: 24 Jul 2012, 03:06 am »
Hmm... crazy idea but guess I'll toss it out anyway...

Perhaps it's possible to widen the tweeter hole for Deavnti, adjust the crossover, and add in a BG Neo tweeter? The woofers seem the same in both the classic and contemporary lines.   

The end product would be these terrific looking cabinets with performance similar to the contemporary series line, which is a nice 1-2 punch. 

Waiting for the other shoe to drop, as there must be a reason why this wouldn't work... 

Danny Richie

« Reply #19 on: 24 Jul 2012, 03:54 am »
Hmm... crazy idea but guess I'll toss it out anyway...

Perhaps it's possible to widen the tweeter hole for Deavnti, adjust the crossover, and add in a BG Neo tweeter? The woofers seem the same in both the classic and contemporary lines.   

The end product would be these terrific looking cabinets with performance similar to the contemporary series line, which is a nice 1-2 punch. 

Waiting for the other shoe to drop, as there must be a reason why this wouldn't work...

You'd never get a router in there to widen and re-cut the hole with that overhang from the top right there.

Even if you could cut the hole, by the time you added the crossovers and BG tweeters you will have passed the cost of buying their CSB-1 model that uses that woofer and tweeter combo.

See this post: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=98346.0