For sale: Von Schweikert VR-33 speakers

Malcolm02

For sale: Von Schweikert VR-33 speakers
« on: 20 Mar 2024, 03:20 am »
I am looking for a new home for my Von Schweikert VR-33 speakers.

They are in mint condition, and have been sitting in the same place in my kid/pet/smoke-free home since I bought them factory direct.

I also have the Unifield center channel and the TS-150 surround speakers that I would be willing to sell as a package.

I would rather sell locally in the San Francisco area but I might be willing to ship if necessary. I have the original boxes for all of them.

Malcolm02

Re: For sale: Von Schweikert VR-33 speakers
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2024, 04:29 pm »
So I'm getting a few views but no replies. This forum seems to not have much life left in it. Does anyone have any advice on how to best move these? I haven't bought or sold any used equipment in a few years. I used to use Audiogon but that seems to be dead as well. Does anyone know any dealers in the San Francisco area that might take these as a trade?

LadyDog

« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2024, 04:54 pm »
Malcolm,
Listing an asking price would be helpful. Would try usaudiomart too.

mr_bill

« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2024, 05:04 pm »
Malcolm,
Listing an asking price would be helpful. Would try usaudiomart too.

Agreed.

Malcolm02

« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2024, 05:22 pm »
Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking $2000 for the main speakers, $3000 for the complete package.

js1955

« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2024, 10:05 pm »
The Music Room.  Very professional and hassle-free.  They'll even arrange the shipping.  But you'll likely lose your shirt.

https://tmraudio.com/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-_mvBhDwARIsAA-Q0Q57dopWFihoKo2aI8ioqCCbLdAe26uIMZUPNG31jIbSJtBVVo2UY_0aAk-9EALw_wcB

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2024, 12:18 am »
Put them on craigslist.org and USaudiomart.com https://www.usaudiomart.com/ which is free unlike AudioGon.

JakeJ

« Reply #7 on: 24 Mar 2024, 12:55 am »
Another recommendation for both US Audio Mart and Craigslist.  I really think US Audio Mart is your best bet if you can pack and ship them.  Get at least one of your shipping quotes at pirateship.com.

Caveat emptor with Craigslist primarily due to the unscrupulous.  Just be sure to vet the prospective buyer thoroughly.

Oh, where are you?  Easier to calculate shipping.

Zuman

« Reply #8 on: 24 Mar 2024, 03:03 am »
Another vote for USAudiomart.com. I've both bought and sold there this year and have been very pleased.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #9 on: 24 Mar 2024, 04:33 am »
Put them in the right section, Trading Post, and state your price, or just state your price here. That would be better.

Rocket Ronny

JakeJ

« Reply #10 on: 24 Mar 2024, 04:02 pm »
True dat!  Not much traffic in the Von Schweikert Owner's circle where the AC Trading Post does get much more traction.

Malcolm02

« Reply #11 on: 29 Mar 2024, 10:00 pm »
So I traded them in to Audio High in Mountain View CA. I mention them by name as the customer experience was great, and I would recommend them to anyone in the area. They picked them up from my home, saving me the hassle of shipping or delivering, which I was dreading.

Of course I took a big hit on the price. But the loss I took on them was well worth the time I spent with them. I calculated that it ended up being about a dollar a day (which is about what I spend on coffee, and the speakers gave me much more enjoyment than coffee).

I was sad to part with them, and I guess I’m not part of the Von Schweikert community any more, but it looks like their customer base is somewhat different now.