BDA-2 Upgradable Software

DRK

BDA-2 Upgradable Software
« on: 19 Sep 2014, 12:22 am »
I'm sure this has been covered.  I'm thinking of purchasing a BDA-2, but noticed that downloadable upgrades are not available for Macs.  Is there any plan to offer software upgrades for the BDA for us  Macs users?

thanks

DRK 

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: BDA-2 Upgradable Software
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2014, 01:20 am »
I'm sure this has been covered.  I'm thinking of purchasing a BDA-2, but noticed that downloadable upgrades are not available for Macs.  Is there any plan to offer software upgrades for the BDA for us  Macs users?

thanks

DRK

PC updates arn't likley to be released either.  Updates for the BDA-2 firmware by end users I believe is limited to the microprocessor that select inputs.  Unless a bug is ever discovered with this firmware there isn't likley to be any customer instalable updates available.  Updating the XMOS firmware requires a special programmer that end users arn't likley to have.  I wouldn't let this negate your possible purchase of a BDA-2.

Cheers
Chris

DRK

« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2014, 12:20 am »
Thanks Chris.  And my mistake I was referring to firmware updates.  Thanks for catching that. 
Any suggestions on which type of interconnect to use between the BCD-1 and the BDA-2?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2014, 02:27 pm »
Whatever you feel sounds best, I personally don't have any preference on digital interconnects, just so long they don't cost an arm and a leg.