WyWire's Juice Power Cord

Nick77

WyWire's Juice Power Cord
« on: 4 Sep 2010, 10:55 pm »
Alex asked me to give his new "Juice" power cord a try and seemed really excited about it. I now understand why, here are a few details:

Wywires is now able to offer a power cord that we believe offers a similar level of improvement to your audio system as our signal cables but at a greatly reduced price point. Only $239.00 for a 4 foot cord including Wattgate cryo'd 5266i Edison and 320i IEC plugs. Each additional foot is only $12.00. 
Conductors are 2X12ga pure copper in cotton in PTFE Teflon plus a 16ga ground.                                                 

I plugged the power cord into my ClassD amplifier and replaced a diy high purity solid core copper triple braided power cord that sells for $350 retail.

The results were nothing less than miraculous, it was if i had just upgraded to 3D on my stereo system. The music has taken on a 3 dimensional sound like never before, i can hear echo's in the instruments and fading sounds of instruments crystal clear. I have a new increase of resolution and air around instruments like never before. I have ribbon tweeters and the sparkle and air around cymbals is really cool.
The soundstage has taken on a new dimension as well, i have instruments floating in mid air all over the place, fading in and out with crystal clear clairity. And the depth of the soundstage has increased and is like a concert hall.
I had experienced some of these same qualities with the diy cord but the WyWire took these traits to a whole new level. Bass guitar has a reverberation i have never heard before, critical listening is on another planet!!
I completely agree that the Wywire power cable has as much or more effect as the signal cables.

Im sure a few others will be providing feedback soon, so you dont think i am completely whacked. The price of entry is unbelievable , HIGHLY recommend!!

System:
SB3 Modded PS
Paradisea Tube Dac
Pass B1 Buffer
ClassD SDS254 Amplifier
GR Research OB/7's

Keith
« Last Edit: 5 Sep 2010, 10:41 am by Nick77 »

Gopher

Re: WyWire's Juice Power Cord
« Reply #1 on: 5 Sep 2010, 03:25 pm »
I too received a Juice to sample, though mine is in the traditional black techflex.  I am going to hold off a little before commenting on specifics but I will say its outrageously good on my preamp and I WILL be buying another--probably two come October. 

I'll edit this post later with further details/impressions but I've gotta emphasize at $240 with a money back guarantee it really needs to be heard!  Take the opportunity to decide for yourselves, there is no risk!

bacobits1

« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2010, 03:47 pm »
Black?? :o
Mine is white too. I call it  "light and white".
It is light weight being easy to handle and white.

I do think the white will sound clearer.

Only kidding, only kidding. :lol:

I'll be back tomorrow with more.
It's good, real good.

Den

wywires

« Reply #3 on: 5 Sep 2010, 03:52 pm »
Which color do people prefer? I'll be adding a sparkly look too to both the white and the black.

tigzstudio

• Norah Jones Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: 5 Sep 2010, 03:53 pm »
The cable is not up-occ copper?

wywires

« Reply #5 on: 5 Sep 2010, 03:55 pm »
The cable is not up-occ copper?

Not OCC but it is ultra pure copper.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #6 on: 5 Sep 2010, 03:58 pm »
Black!!! LOL...I feel like the kid who didn't get picked for the baseball team... :thumb:

wywires

« Reply #7 on: 5 Sep 2010, 04:06 pm »
Black!!! LOL...I feel like the kid who didn't get picked for the baseball team... :thumb:

Stay tuned

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 5 Sep 2010, 04:17 pm »
..will do, LOL... :thumb:

bacobits1

« Reply #9 on: 6 Sep 2010, 12:03 am »
I was going to post this tomorrow but after extended listening today here it is.

The WyWire “Juice” Power Cable arrived on Friday.

Looking at and handling this power cable, it is light weight and easy to situate. A bit of a contrast to most garden hose sized heavy cables I have here. It does not fall out of the equipment from sagging and stays in the wall outlet firmly. NICE!

I am using it on my Pathos Classic One MKII and into the wall, no surge protector everything else is into the Brick Wall Line protector. This is the way I run my amp.

I immediately heard this cable as the WyWire signature sound I'm familiar with, since living with these cables the last 3 months. Airy, smooth, beautiful separation, excellent depth perspective, natural timbre, that WOW live quality, and just nice flow to the music. NO break-in required from what I am hearing. I have no complaints.

The “Juice” made  my vinyl equal to the excitement I am getting with my CD. I had been struggling with this the past few weeks. It was not my Nova Phenomena pre, it was because my Wywired CD was edging it out in quality. At times I thought my Kimber 8TC speaker cables sounded better than the WyWire Speaker cables in my system, it turns out the Kimbers were not as good and definitely different. With the “Juice” enabled Pathos now everything is,  I don't want to say enhanced, it is, lets say enriched further. Nothing over blown or too much of a good thing. Any reservations I had between the speaker cables has been eliminated completely.

The all WyWire system working together is just superb. I have no other way of stating it and why should I state it mildly?  I am sincerely stating what I hear in  my system. I have also been very enthusiastic from the beginning because I think WyWires are special. Not an apology just an assertion for all the BS that goes on here in other threads.

At $239 this power cable must be heard the changes are not subtle.

Very much recommended. Well, did you expect anything else?

Thank you again Alex!
Very nice job.

DN

bacobits1

« Reply #10 on: 6 Sep 2010, 09:19 pm »
Psssst,

Behind the scenes, this cable is so friggin' good we can't
find anything to criticize about it. :thumb:

D

Nick77

« Reply #11 on: 7 Sep 2010, 03:14 pm »
I did some experimenting, i removed the Juice from my amp to test in other positions. First off it was like going from stereo to mono the difference was so extreme.
I placed the Juice cord on my dac and had favorable results, i dont have an iec on my pre to test. The benifit of the Juice on my amplifier far outweighted the dac experience so back it goes.
I could'nt wait to return the Juice to the amp position, once i did things returned to stereophonic. The amp with Juice installed has so much more dynamics and authority. I am running a ClassD amp which i dont think requires near the power of a Class A or ClassAB. Im sure this cord on a power hungry amp would be nothing short of heaven.

Thanks again Alex, this cord ROCKS big time!!!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Gopher

« Reply #12 on: 11 Sep 2010, 01:23 am »
Alright, I'll give some comments now with the Juice on my preamp.  I was going to wait till my amp (Firstwatt F1) got back and I could try it on that position, which is where Alex was more curious, but I'm excited about what its done where it is and just got the word that it'll probably been another week before I get my amp with an IEC back.

Its hard to really quantify the benefit of the Juice as my system was already operating at a level of refinement with the Wywire that is beyond anything I've owned or heard.  Every insertion of a Wywire cable into my system has been a meaningful upgrade and I can't say enough good about the products. 

In the case of the Juice, I feel it was just as meaningful an upgrade on my Eastern Electric Minimax preamp as the significantly more expensive line level/phono/speaker cables.  I've been absolutely bowled over by the other cables in the line, so the fact that I love the Juice with a $240 msrp should say a lot...   so should the fact that I have already ordered another outside of the beta program and intend to outfit every replaceable IEC with one. 

FWIW I have done 100% of my listening with my analog system and with my modified Dynaco ST-70 amp.  The Gigabyte motherboard in my music server failed and is being RMA'ed at the moment.  That said, I've been struggling with my analog for some time making very real improvements but never being satisfied until now...

The things which initially jumped at me were sound stage width and midrange extension.  I don't want to say bloom as I associate this with things being overly ripe and kind of forward sounding.  What I was hearing though was a lot more solidity to this band which is the heart of music and lets texture come through more accurately. 

I also detected a smoothening/relaxing of the top end which I like.  I'm not saying rolled off, but I suspect a part of what kept me from fully enjoying my analog rig is a smidgen of excess treble energy on my phonostage.  I love its transparency, dynamics and resolution but I've been feeling of late it can be a touch tipped up--Not with the Juice in place, as this appears to help tame that while keeping my detail and allowing the emotion to come through.

My rig is sounding terrific to my ears as is and I don't even have an idea of what I should expect with a second Juice in the mix, but I'll emphasize again--for $240 with a satisfaction guarantee you guys need to buy it and try it!

I'll say more when I can try it on my amp.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 17 Sep 2010, 06:48 pm »
The mailman brought the JUICE!!!! I didn't realize how much music I was missing. I have installed the cord into my DAC/Pre-amp.. I'm not fresh blood but have been involved in listening to these cables, now power cords, since pretty much the beginning and I must say that each step along the way has brought out more of my music. I love Steely Dan and have heard the "Two Against Nature" CD hundreds of times but today is the first time I heard the bass line in Cousin Dupree...not the primary bassline, the second one they doubled in on synthesizer, its there panned hard to the right and only at certain points in the song.
 I think someone mentioned the detail revealed again in cymbals, its more like the shimmering and sustain are better with the Juice in the drivers seat. Everything comes from a deep black sound background, notes pop when they are supposed to pop, they never become overbearing they are just more present. Increased dynamics pretty much across the board, I'm listening to Jean-Luc Ponty as I type and the attack on his string playing is excellent, I would tend to think that classical music would just become more real and "live" with the Juice.
 The best part about the Juice and all of Alex's equipment is the level of detail that is brought forward but never over done!! If you think I'm over stating this result I urge you to try these cables and find out for yourself, you have nothing to loose and everything to gain. Thanks Alex!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

bacobits1

« Reply #14 on: 17 Sep 2010, 08:29 pm »
Yup, what he said.

I got my second one today.
I just had to purchase another for the Raysonic CD.

D

cryoparts

« Reply #15 on: 18 Sep 2010, 05:16 pm »
Sounds like another great product from Alex!   :thumb:

Peace,

Lee

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 18 Sep 2010, 05:29 pm »
Lee, Alex, I forgot to mention the Cryo'd part in my initial post above. Alex did tell me that my Juice had Marinco Cryo'd plugs, whatever the combination is.. it works extremely well and improves even more with time!! Very nice, very nice indeed!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

cryoparts

« Reply #17 on: 18 Sep 2010, 05:34 pm »
Yes, I cryo'd the Marinco plugs that are on the cable with my CryoFreeze(tm) process.  Bonus for the buyers!

It sounds like it is going to be a killer cable, I will have to have Alex send me one.

Peace,

Lee

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #18 on: 18 Sep 2010, 05:40 pm »
Oh geez - put me in to test the Juice cord please.

Gene

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #19 on: 21 Sep 2010, 01:16 pm »
Now that is a very fair price for a power cable. the Nervosa is perking. Using JPS now would love to do a comparison.

charles