Audio by Van Alstine Vision Hybrid DAC

Charles Calkins

Audio by Van Alstine Vision Hybrid DAC
« on: 12 Aug 2014, 04:49 pm »
 The vision Hybrid DAC is designed to accommodate four separate digital sources; Two optical (Toslink) and two coax (RCA jack).
 The input selection is controlled by a front panel rotary switch. You may have as many as four separate digital sources connected at once.

This unit is in perfect condition. I have the original shipping carton and all the original packing material.

$975.00 including shipping in the USA.

Cheers
                                                   Charlie

audiojem

Re: Audio by Van Alstine Vision Hybrid DAC
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2014, 08:48 pm »
PM Sent

mrlittlejeans

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2014, 04:13 am »
Is this a Vision EC DAC?  I'm not familiar with Vision Hybrid.  Is it a tube DAC?

srb

« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2014, 07:02 am »
Is this a Vision EC DAC?  I'm not familiar with Vision Hybrid.  Is it a tube DAC?

Per the AVAHiFi Vision DAC page
http://www.avahifi.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=247&Itemid=241

Three new models are available:

The basic Vision DAC.
This basic model provides the best possible musicality at the lowest possible price. It has one coax digital input and stereo analog output set, all executed with gold plated RCA jacks. Any previous AVA DAC, solid state, vacuum tube, or hybrid, can be updated to the basic Vision DAC.

The multi-input Vision EC DAC.
The Vision EC DAC provides multiple digital inputs. Two Toslink optical inputs and two RCA Jack coax inputs that are switchable from the front panel. This allows connection to any available sources, including the optical digital output of your computer at the bit rates mentioned above. Note that a USB input is not provided because high bit rate USB computer output requires software driver programs, and we simply do not want to get into the software support business. The optical inputs provide the necessary computer interface. Of course, diehards can add a separate USB to optical or USB to coax converter box if they desire (available inexpensively from many sources).

The premium multi-input Vision Hybrid DAC.
The Vision Hybrid DAC provides four sets of switchable digital inputs, two coax and two optical to serve all your needs.  It decodes everything up to 192K 24bit material. It has our newest and best hybrid vacuum tube analog filter and output stage

Steve

Charles Calkins

« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2014, 02:40 pm »

If you go to the AVA web page and look at the picture of the Fet valve Hybrid vision DAC mine looks the same. Except mine is black.   

It is a tube DAC.   

Cheers
                                                                    Charlie   

mrlittlejeans

« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2014, 08:54 pm »
Cool.  Thanks.  I wonder what the difference is between it and the Fet Valve DAC.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2014, 10:29 pm »
Cool.  Thanks.  I wonder what the difference is between it and the Fet Valve DAC.
  I haven't the fainest idea what the difference would be.  I never heard the Fet valve DAC so I couldn't tell you a difference between mine and the Fet 
  Valve DAC. You might call Frank and ask him. I'm sure he knows and would be glad to tell you. If you do call Frank please tell me what he says.

BUT!!! IMHO this is a very,very fine DAC. Whoever buys it I Know will be a very Happy Camper!!
  And it's half the price of the Fet Valve DAC!!

Cheers
                                                                     Charlie

Charles Calkins

« Reply #7 on: 15 Aug 2014, 11:49 pm »
  I haven't the fainest idea what the difference would be.  I never heard the Fet valve DAC so I couldn't tell you a difference between mine and the Fet 
  Valve DAC. You might call Frank and ask him. I'm sure he knows and would be glad to tell you. If you do call Frank please tell me what he says.

BUT!!! IMHO this is a very,very fine DAC. Whoever buys it I Know will be a very Happy Camper!!
  And it's half the price of the Fet Valve DAC!!

Cheers
                                                                     Charlie
Frank Van Alstine said that the difference between the Vision Hybrid DAC And the Fet valve DAC are minor.
Or in other words if you have a Vision Hybrid DAC and if you bought a new Fet valve DAC you might hear just a little bit better sound.
I'm selling mine for $975.00 including shipping. A new Fet Valve might Cost around $2,000 plus shipping.
Your choice which one you decide to buy. Decisions! Decisions! Who in the HELL invented Decisions!!

Cheers
                                                                           Charlie

Charles Calkins

« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2014, 09:44 pm »

Bump

Charles Calkins

« Reply #9 on: 30 Aug 2014, 03:23 am »

Let us try and make a deal for the DAC

How about $925.00 for me and you pay the shipping.

Cheers
                                  Charlie

rlee8394

« Reply #10 on: 4 Sep 2014, 08:14 pm »
Charlie,

I am interested. Does the unit have the removable or captive power cord? What is the serial number of the unit? Is it still under warranty?

Thanks,
Ron

Charles Calkins

« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2014, 04:07 am »
Hi Guys:

How about $900.00 for me and you pay shipping

Cheers
   Charlie

rlee8394

« Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2014, 04:15 am »
You have a PM.

rlee8394

« Reply #13 on: 11 Sep 2014, 03:09 pm »
Charlie,

PM me today with reply to yesterdays email, as I can't get my email from work.

THX,
Ron