Astell & Kern Ak100 and Ak120

ejlif

Astell & Kern Ak100 and Ak120
« on: 19 Sep 2013, 04:53 am »
Hi, sorry if this is not appropriate in this circle but I thought this would be the closest one considering it's portable audio.  I am thinking of getting one of these.  I heard my friend's and it sounds great way better than iPod.  What I want to know is it possible to load playlists into the AK100?  I regularly play dated playlists of songs in a certain order or custom made mixes with songs in a certain order.  It would be a deal breaker if this unit could not do that.  iPods do it no problem.  I can't seem to find any information in reviews of the AK100 that says if you can do this or not.  Looking for some feedback from owners.  My buddy who has one does not think it works. 

roscoeiii

Re: Astell & Kern Ak100 and Ak120
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2013, 01:12 pm »
If you can't get an answer here, wade over into Headfi. I have to imagine they have an immense thread or so on these.

And you might also want to give some thought to the Fiio X3 and iBasso DX50. Both have a lot of Headfi buzz. Though the DX50 may still have some firmware bugs ( tho they seem to  be addressing these quickly).

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2013, 05:04 pm »
...there's also the colorfly c4.

I'm impressed by the praise the Fiio have received, and it's only a fraction of the cost of the AK100. However, the Astrell and kern player improves greatly when modded (red wine audio)

roscoeiii

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2013, 05:43 pm »
...there's also the colorfly c4.

I'm impressed by the praise the Fiio have received, and it's only a fraction of the cost of the AK100. However, the Astrell and kern player improves greatly when modded (red wine audio)

And most on the DX50 thread are praising the DX50 over the Fiio X3, though as I mentioned, there seem to bugs that still need ironing out. Haven't looked at that monster DX50 thread in a few days, so not sure what remains to be addressed. Seems that iBasso has a good reputation for rolling out firmware updates quickly.

zerodeefex

« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2013, 08:55 pm »
Had the RW AK100, moved to the AK120. It's a great player, suitable for high end CIEMs and most sensitive cans. For my HD800s I need a separate amp, though.