Audeze Sine and ipad pro

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Audeze Sine and ipad pro
« on: 28 Sep 2016, 05:42 pm »
Hey guys its been awhile, I've been trying hybrid iems alot. Like a bunch of them, more later in another thread.
I recently acquired an ipad pro 9.7" and the Audeze Sine heaphones with the lightning cable dac/dsp/amp....Cipher cable its called I believe (too lazy to find the literature).
 The sound is excellent, the Audeze app is great, and the Sine on ears are fantastic. The first time I saw them I was smitten by the design and then the relatively low price for a pair of Audeze cans.
 I just got back from a nice long walk using them with the standard audio cable and my ibasso DX90 and I'm smiling happily. They shine either way you utilize them, if you haven't heard these yet (and I see several of you guys have) you should find a way to hear them and see if you like them as much as I do. Just fantastic, engaging clean sound with incredible clarity thats not over analytical. Strings and woodwinds sound gorgeous, drums sound natural , I love these things!

How's everyone doing, is zzZep still hanging here on occasion?

dB Cooper

Re: Audeze Sine and ipad pro
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2016, 09:26 pm »
Good to hear from you eclein. Hope all has been well.

The Sine caught my attention also and had a very brief audition at Capital audiofest this past summer. Liked the sound but earpads felt like they might get a little clammy in extended use (something I'm very sensitive to). Happy to see more reasonably priced, good performing planars emerging in the market. Why oh why can't Sennheiser, with all their resources, do this??? Too afraid of cannabilizing the HD6xx series sales or killing off those classics?

Would also be interested in hearing about your experiences with hybrid IEMs- this is a category that interests me although I am very invested in (and happy with the sound of) my Shure SE535's.

Don't be a stranger!!!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2016, 04:25 pm »
dB these puppies rock, I have been looking for my ideal rig for Spotify listening and the combo of the ipad pro the cipher cable and Sine headphones is it for me. I watch a lot soccer and most often listen to music while watching, this morning I went full German with Bundesliga on the tube and Kraftwerk in my ears...lol.
Everything I've listened to sounds excellent. This setup has renewed my interest in classical music as well as the instrumentation sounds so, so vividly tangible...hard to explain but I've enjoyed the Philadelphia orchestra over the years and it takes a fantastic rig and setup to hear it like I'm used too and this is merely an ipad and headphones with a chip setup (amp/dac) on the cable and it works extremely well for me, by no means what I
 would have considered fantastic a year ago, now this tech is here front and center and its incredible sounding.

The headphones fit snug and I'm ok with it, they have gotten slightly less snug over this past week but thats an issue you'll have to get with as I can only tell my thing.
  See if anyplace has the lenders on these yet so you can decide....the sound to me is the best I've ever heard in my lifetime......goog to be back around. DB Hybrids are coming strong in iems, man oh man $100 can buy you a superb threeway iem and really make you wonder.....
Peace! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2016, 10:11 pm »
These are selling likes hotcakes at our store. First truly portable planars and a new lowest price point from Audeze.

Cipher cable with inline dac / headphone amp is a notable improvement over using headphone out from iPhone / iPad.

Looking at getting a pair of these for the long flights to RMAF & CES coming up.

Excited to hear the new iSine planar in ear monitors coming out soon!

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2016, 10:33 pm »
First truly portable planars
Actually, the Fostex T10 had Audeze beat out by several decades.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Re: Audeze Sine and iPad Pro
« Reply #5 on: 7 Oct 2016, 02:01 am »
Actually, the Fostex T10 had Audeze beat out by several decades.

Sorta pushing the definition of "portable" size and weight wise (270g) and not completely lie flat on the the ear pads. Also quite rare. But for orthodynamic / planar of its day, I guess you could call them portable.

Guess we can say the Sine is the most portable production planar - short of the iSine IEMs.....for now until Monoprice decides to do more Audeze knock offs.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #6 on: 7 Oct 2016, 08:00 am »
I used to have one, and when cleaned up and modded sounded fantastic (possibly the only vintage ortho I've ever regret selling). But yes, it was somewhat heavy with all the metal construction and heavy magnets, though definitely portable compared to the others in its family/era.

Other than the Sine, the Oppo planars are very nice and I'd consider them portable.

ajzepp

« Reply #7 on: 5 Nov 2016, 09:13 am »

How's everyone doing, is zzZep still hanging here on occasion?

Yo Edwardo!

Been away for a while, but Im back :)  Great choice on those items. I love the Sines. The Oppo PM3 are fine headphones as well, and I do enjoy them, but the Cipher cable with the iPad is pretty darn spectacular. I was surprised that I preferred the Cipher over the regular mini-jack plus Oppo HA-2 amp...I love the little Oppo, but the Cipher/Lightning jack is really amazing. Very impressed.

Enjoy that beautiful technology, brother  :thumb:

MarkR7

« Reply #8 on: 17 Nov 2016, 02:32 pm »
If anyone is interested, I am selling my brand new pair of Audeze Sines. Check out my ad in the Trading Circle.  Excellent sounding headphones, but as much as I want to like headphones, I just can't get used to wearing them.  :duh:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=146714.new#new

Cheers!