Is VMPS out of business?

audiomagnate

Is VMPS out of business?
« on: 2 Jul 2012, 03:32 am »
I ordered a logo over the phone 7 weeks ago. Brian was charming, but somehow forgot to put the logo in the mail. No biggie. I re-ordered via email one month ago. Nothing. I ordered and paid for a "Megawoofer" over two weeks ago. Nothing. The web site has been down for almost two months now...I don't get it. Can I get a tracking number or maybe my money back? This is no way to run a business.

rascal

Re: Is VMPS out of business?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2012, 03:40 am »
If you scrolled down a bit perhaps you would not come to such a hasty conclusion and write such a headline :scratch:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=107642.0

A follow up call would suffice.

I sure hope your jumping to conclusion is not a symptom similar to CNN & Faux News reporting of ACA mandate being struck down by Supreme Court :icon_twisted:

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2012, 04:24 am »
Rascal
Put a sock in it and go pound sand.
Two months is more than enough patience.
Take your newbie comments somewhere else. Does mommie know her 13 year old is on line?

Sheesh..

rascal

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jul 2012, 07:08 am »

Tabrink- your post indicates poor IQ or EQ. I don't think you represent your post  :thumb:

My responses have always been towards actions and not personal- but you seem to take it personally. Since the Mod has allowed your post--Shall I say I feel sorry you do not have some balls-please grow up?  :nono: I also recommend you read what OP posted- he/she waited 2 weeks for MW with no response over email and OP asks 'out of business' question. I also recommend you check your eyesight  :lol: 2 months for logo indicates out of business?- pleaze! :scratch:

The OP could have easily called back- or could have posted 'pathetic service from VMPS' I think that would be fair- not a stupid headline like that. Many VMPS threads you notice business is done faster/better through the phone.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #4 on: 2 Jul 2012, 12:15 pm »
Many audio companies won't even take a phone call and refer everything to email  :nono:

OzarkTom

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jul 2012, 12:51 pm »
deleted
« Last Edit: 2 Jul 2012, 06:03 pm by OzarkTom »

JohnR

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jul 2012, 01:07 pm »
That's not Brian's address or Ph.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 2 Jul 2012, 05:06 pm »
As for the Yelp listing that is the address and old fax number from 3 years ago.  Our main number, 510-222-4276 has been in operation since 1985. Factory address is 2025 Rumrill Blvd #8.  We moved to an adjacent space 3 years ago due to a leaky roof in our old warehouse which the landlord could not afford to fix.

The 15" UMW have been backordered, but I expect a shipment this week.  We did not charge the customer's credit card, so sorry, no refund!

The website was infected with a trojan horse virus the first week of May.  It proved very difficult to clean the site and Dubravko, our webmaster, spent many hours doing so.  On Jun 26 it was up and rumming on what I thought was a new host, networksolutions.  So I cancelled our hosting with Verio, which had not responded to requests for assistance.  The site disappeared, and Dubravko informed me it was still with Verio.  I paid for restoration and we are still awaiting that.  Networksolutions also ignored all my emails and phone calls for help.

While all this was going on, I landed in the hospital to clear a blocked ureter.  That has left me in recovery mode.  Your patience is much appreciated.

jackman

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jul 2012, 05:17 pm »
Now that it is cleared up, this thread should be deleted!  It's not fair to VMPS to have this kind of thing floating around.  VMPS is a great company and Brian is one of the good guys in this field.  Although I don't own VMPS or know Brian personally, they will be on the short list the next time I need speakers.  The OP's post and speculation are irresponsible and just wrong.   :duh:

Hope you are feeling better Brian.  Best of luck to you.

Early B.

« Reply #9 on: 2 Jul 2012, 06:38 pm »
Now that it is cleared up, this thread should be deleted!  It's not fair to VMPS to have this kind of thing floating around. ...   The OP's post and speculation are irresponsible and just wrong. 

Agreed. The title of the thread alone can lead to confusion and misinformation.

audiomagnate

« Reply #10 on: 2 Jul 2012, 06:48 pm »
As for the Yelp listing that is the address and old fax number from 3 years ago.  Our main number, 510-222-4276 has been in operation since 1985. Factory address is 2025 Rumrill Blvd #8.  We moved to an adjacent space 3 years ago due to a leaky roof in our old warehouse which the landlord could not afford to fix.

The 15" UMW have been backordered, but I expect a shipment this week.  We did not charge the customer's credit card, so sorry, no refund!

The website was infected with a trojan horse virus the first week of May.  It proved very difficult to clean the site and Dubravko, our webmaster, spent many hours doing so.  On Jun 26 it was up and rumming on what I thought was a new host, networksolutions.  So I cancelled our hosting with Verio, which had not responded to requests for assistance.  The site disappeared, and Dubravko informed me it was still with Verio.  I paid for restoration and we are still awaiting that.  Networksolutions also ignored all my emails and phone calls for help.

While all this was going on, I landed in the hospital to clear a blocked ureter.  That has left me in recovery mode.  Your patience is much appreciated.

I thought something like this had happened. Brian, you need help. You are a one man operation that has somehow figured out how to make the best sounding loudspeakers on earth. Amazing. Get well soon. I will be patient and root for a full recovery. You da man!

Kevin

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #11 on: 2 Jul 2012, 08:03 pm »
Call me or email me with the details of your order so we can ship the right item when available.

John Casler

« Reply #12 on: 2 Jul 2012, 08:31 pm »
Holy Macaroni!!!

I get in the office late and find everything has gone crazy.

Glad it all got cleared up. :thumb:

Weird how YELP feels it has the right to post false and potentially damaging info. :nono:

Generally most customers know that Brian does keep his operation small and in this economy sometimes things do take more time (especially if there is a shortage/which happens often) of a part.

duck851

« Reply #13 on: 17 Jul 2012, 02:58 pm »
I spoke with Brian on the phone yesterday, and it sounds like he is near 100% again.

:D

Zheeeem

« Reply #14 on: 21 Jul 2012, 04:59 pm »
You guys should look on the bright side.  About 6 weeks ago I sent Big B a check for a tweeter repair and I just checked to see why it hadn't cleared.  The response - "it's still in my desk".

So let's see, the tweeter got fixed and returned to me when I needed it (I think I might have said something like "no rush, I won't be back in the states for a few months" but let's not quibble!), the repair was done perfectly (Mrs. Zheeeem sucked the ribbon out with the vacuum cleaner) and it's free!!! (for now, probably because he's working on your stuff).

I forget what my point was.

audiomagnate

« Reply #15 on: 24 Jul 2012, 12:54 am »
I'm still waiting on my parts. I haven't heard a word from anyone in months.

simon wagstaff

« Reply #16 on: 24 Jul 2012, 11:38 am »
I guess I am lucky. I have been waiting for new woofers and big bump pr for about 6 weeks but at least John has gotten back to me letting me know the  situation.

I send Big B good wishes for a speedy recovery.

John Casler

« Reply #17 on: 24 Jul 2012, 06:20 pm »
Recieved a post from B, just the other day saying that part of the slowdown on some "driver" orders is because the OEM is or was "on vacation". 

In today's economy, domestic driver manufacturers are moving very slow to begin with, and this has slowed that even more.  :evil:

geowak

« Reply #18 on: 24 Jul 2012, 11:34 pm »
I had a similar problem with a small manufacturer.

The company had a great rep and I wanted an amp by the "O" company very badly. Well I got one and it had hum issues and spurious noise coming out. Tried calling the owner since fellow customers stated he never answers his emails. Many, many months went by and he finally agreed to fix the amp for a price after stating it was probably my AC. Amp came and still a problem with noise. I upgraded the amp and a (killer?) preamp for another couple thousand dollars. Same problems again!!!! I had used many methods to troubleshoot the problem with other manufacturers gear and took all of it to my friend's house who has the newest wiring. The problem was with "O" gear.

I found out later almost all his gear is re-tooled and designed from another quality manufacturer with the price lowered. Also found that most of his products had hum issues and excessive noise. Too late for me, I learned the hard lesson!

After about 18 months I was done. Took a big hit for substandard gear.

I am happy you are getting this resolved, but small company or big company, don't neglect your customers and don't cut corners with shoddy parts!!

geowak

« Reply #19 on: 24 Jul 2012, 11:42 pm »
For the record, I agree with everyone on deleting the post. In this case, let's give VMPS the benefit of any doubt! Sounds like a big misunderstanding!