I am interested in projects above $1500
2 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Breadboard project amplifiers

steve f

Re: Breadboard project amplifiers
« Reply #40 on: 22 Jun 2013, 04:38 pm »
Okay guys,
I can't be the only audiophile out there who enjoys building things. Roger has posted that he needs to sell about 5 of these semi-kits to make it a feasible. So come on. Join in the fun.   :D

Steve

steve f

« Reply #41 on: 29 Jun 2013, 05:56 pm »
Wow, nobody else is interested. Okay, I'll forget all about EM amps and start saving for the RM 10 instead.

Steve

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #42 on: 29 Jun 2013, 06:59 pm »
I am making a pair of EM7 monos for a customer. If anyone else wants any of the EM7 series amps now is a good time to order them. Some customization is possible such as XLR inputs, outputs, wood and finish options. If I get several orders for complete EM7 2.5 watt/ch amps or kits I will make both available. To order contact musref.roger@gmail.com

Price list: http://ramlabs-musicreference.com/pricelist.html

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #43 on: 30 Sep 2013, 08:33 am »
We recently shipped a customized breadboard EM7 to a happy customer. We added a volume control for him.

vinylrules

« Reply #44 on: 19 Oct 2013, 06:41 pm »
Hi Roger, I've just signed up and am navigating my way around the site. Wondering if you've ever thought about a truly low powered OTL amplifier. Since typical OTL amps require lots of output tubes, which leads to inevitable increases in heat and cost and also tends to reduce reliability, it seems like someone would have tried making a 5 or 10W OTL for the high impedance / high efficiency loudspeaker crowd.

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #45 on: 22 Oct 2013, 09:41 pm »
Hi Roger, I've just signed up and am navigating my way around the site. Wondering if you've ever thought about a truly low powered OTL amplifier. Since typical OTL amps require lots of output tubes, which leads to inevitable increases in heat and cost and also tends to reduce reliability, it seems like someone would have tried making a 5 or 10W OTL for the high impedance / high efficiency loudspeaker crowd.

This question comes at an opportune time as I am in the process of designing such an amplifier. So far I have something with two output tubes and one driver tube per channel. It can provide 0.7 amps into any load up to 100 ohms. Into 8 ohms that is not much power, similar to an SET but at much lower distortion and better damping. Into 100 ohms its 25 watts. Is this what you have in mind?