Guitar pedalboards anyone?

EdRo

• Industry Participant
Guitar pedalboards anyone?
« on: 16 Jan 2018, 04:31 pm »

Hey guys! Check out the new pedal board that I built! I've been working on this for awhile now, and I managed to use it out for the first time this weekend!!! Worked great.

drphoto

Re: Guitar pedalboards anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2018, 02:17 am »
That's cool. That multi-tiered thing is sweet. I like the curve design too. I'd bet you could sell these.

I'm going to be starting to build out my board too. I thought about taking the easy way out and getting a multiFX board, but learned that none of them let you split out the time based/modulation FX into the amp FX loop. I personally think this is important.

I plan to start with a compressor (currently Marshal ED1, but may switch to DynaComp or a Keeley or both) Crybaby mini and Fulldrive 2 into input with a Line 6 M5 (or 2 or 3) plus expression pedal, plus my cheap but good Dano delay routed to FX loop of my Mesa amp.

Honestly, I need to put in the effort to learn to play better, but this is a hobby, and pedals make it fun. Hell, the Edge admitted he initially got into the delay thing to cover up the fact he couldn't really play very well.

BTW: I really really like the Fulltone Fulldrive. Depending on settings it can be clean boost only or dirty things up nicely. Looks like you have the Fulltone OCD which a lot of people love.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2018, 02:32 am »
The Fulltone OCD is indeed a lot of fun!

drphoto

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2018, 03:16 am »
Yeah Fulltone is the real deal.

Seriously Ed, ya gotta a great design here.Paint it or stain it to make it pretty and you got a real business opportunity. Fab up a few and send out to the internet guitar gurus.

Hell, I'll be your first customer. Quote me a price.  :D I thought I had a good home-brew idea, involving shelf brackets but damn this is way better. Front end FX on one layer and time FX on another.....genius. :thumb:

spence

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2018, 02:35 pm »
Nice board Ed. Sure looks easy to add or remove pedals. Here's my basic board. Nothing too fancy, but it works for me.

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2018, 07:29 pm »
Putting a ton of holes and then zip-tying pedals to it is nothing new, but I found a company that makes the Holey Board, and his "Wide II" model was what I based mine from. I had the ply scrap, and a friend used a waterjet to cut it out. I drew it up, and he cut it out in minutes. Amazing machine. He even put my initials, "E R", in around the handle. Very cool.
Here's the company that makes a living making these. Good stuff!
https://www.chemistrydesignwerks.com/

drphoto

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2018, 10:31 pm »
cool. thanks for the link and your initial post.

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 19 Jan 2018, 02:38 am »
Nice board, Spence!!! I've never seen G-Lab stuff. Do you like it?

spence

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jan 2018, 03:11 pm »
I like it a lot. It's well made and is perfect for live use. I use very little effects (there's actually only 5 effects pedals on my board, including the boost), and follow the advice of many who say to 'turn up the effect until you hear it then back it off a little', so I never feel the need to keep looking for the next best thing. Since I got them, I haven't had that urge, thank goodness. Pedals can drive a guy crazy!

psychles

« Reply #9 on: 13 Nov 2018, 06:49 pm »
Since I'm a garage-player only, I decided to convert an old A/V rack I picked up online to hold my pedals, etc.  First, I pulled out all the glass shelving and cut some nice shelves to fit in place of the glass and topped them with some inexpensive carpet remnants I had around (which is very effective if your pedals already have the "rough" velcro side stuck to them).  I built a stable platform for my amp head on the top, and then bought some drawer sliders and made the new shelves sliding.  Drilled holes in the middle of the shelves to route cabling (including power), attached my Strymon Zuma and three Ojai power supplies to the sides of the unit and it was ready to start adding pedals!   This is only recently completed, so still a bit sloppy....

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #10 on: 13 Nov 2018, 08:16 pm »
Just finished mine.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #11 on: 14 Nov 2018, 01:00 am »