Audio Electronics Supply

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Audio Electronics Supply
« on: 19 Aug 2010, 02:04 pm »

Charles Xavier

Re: Audio Electronics Supply
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2010, 07:37 pm »
Maybe its cheaper to keep one website ? :dunno:

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2010, 03:36 am »
Running out of business maybe? Many audio business have been disappearing lately.  :cry:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2010, 05:03 am »
What happened to them?

http://www.audioelectronicsupply.com/

E-mail/call Dennis Had and find out. He is pretty open about things last I checked. They still have Music Direct as a distributor, but it looks like the kit end dried up and the retail end is and has dried up. MD has none of their preamps/amps in stock.

Anand.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2010, 10:45 am »
What happened to them?

http://www.audioelectronicsupply.com/

Very likely out of business.  Couple years ago, some NY Rave friends heard my AES preamp, and asked me for the schematics to try to build one..... That's how good the sound is.  At the time, AES already didn't list the kid anymore.  I also bought a factory one 2nd hand (the HAD version, with rectifier) just for the heck of comparing the personalities/sounds, but the manual was good for nothing.  I remember the days when I had an Audio Research SP11, and the schematics were like a book; and they were included in the manual.  I finally got hold of Dennis Had.  He refused.  Not only that he didn't turn down politely, giving me the run-around reason why I shouldn't be entitled to it  :duh: even when I was willing to pay.  I wanted it because the look underneath (so probably the schematics) in the factory one looked quite different.  The guy just had this "attitude" on the other end that it turned me off. 

Should I say I won't miss AES? :scratch:

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2010, 11:00 am »
Confusing. This link works: http://www.audioelectronicsupply.com/products/departments.shtml

I will try to contact them Monday and see if they're still up & running.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2010, 02:04 pm »
Very likely out of business.  Couple years ago, some NY Rave friends heard my AES preamp, and asked me for the schematics to try to build one..... That's how good the sound is.  At the time, AES already didn't list the kid anymore.  I also bought a factory one 2nd hand (the HAD version, with rectifier) just for the heck of comparing the personalities/sounds, but the manual was good for nothing.  I remember the days when I had an Audio Research SP11, and the schematics were like a book; and they were included in the manual.  I finally got hold of Dennis Had.  He refused.  Not only that he didn't turn down politely, giving me the run-around reason why I shouldn't be entitled to it  :duh: even when I was willing to pay.  I wanted it because the look underneath (so probably the schematics) in the factory one looked quite different.  The guy just had this "attitude" on the other end that it turned me off. 

Should I say I won't miss AES? :scratch:

Well...I should say that Dennis is open about telling if something is in stock/business or not. Don't know much about him sharing schematics.Even with something as simple as the AES preamp which was clearly just a 6SN7 based design using a common cathode and then a cathode follower. Don't know if the 1st two stages were direct coupled, but I'll be honest with you...that design wasn't rocket science, nor was the addition of a tube rectifier. The VTV preamp + a tube rectifier based power supply and voila you have something competitive:

Best,
Anand.