Decware Rachel or Coincident Dynamo SE34.1

Brianportugal

Decware Rachel or Coincident Dynamo SE34.1
« on: 19 Nov 2014, 06:30 pm »
Has anyone heard the OmegaSuper XRS with either of these amps. Currently using A Primaluna Prologue 2 and Exposure 2010s2 but I know there is more. The Primaluna is very god but not focused soundstage. The exposure is very good as well but shrill. I love the speakers they are amazing. I use to use Spica TC50s, Spica Angelus,  Apogee Centaur Minor, Silverline Minuet Supreme Plus, Dreamcatchers, Paradigm etc. These are by far the best I've heard/owned. Louis is a magician.

Thank you for your guidance.
Brian

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Re: Decware Rachel or Coincident Dynamo SE34.1
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2014, 06:35 pm »
Hello Brianportugal,

Welcome to the Omega AudioCircle.  I would go for the US made Decware Rachel over the Asian made Coincident.  Decware specializes in building amplifiers, but sells speakers too.  Coincident specializes in speakers, but sells amplifiers too - not likely built by them.

What Super XRS model do you have?  3XRS, 7XRS, Super Alnico XRS?  Depending on what you have, another model Decware may be a better choice.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2014, 06:46 pm »
?
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2014, 08:34 pm by opnly bafld »

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2014, 07:09 pm »
Rob,
Have you heard the latest Rachael?
No, but I have heard the Audio Boutique Artist which is a very similar layout to the Rachel.  If there is someone who can come on here that has heard both the amps in question, it would certainly be better than my conjecture. 

Based on my experience with Decware vs Tube amplifiers made in Asia, Decware is my hands down choice.  Back in 2010 my reference system was an Audio Zone DAC 1, SE84C+, hempcone Omega Super 5 Monitors,  and deepHemp sub.  I brought in a highly touted Asian mono block amplifier (3 times the price of the SE84C+) and dropped it into the system.  After a while the Decware went back in because I preferred it's sound - it was quicker and livelier than the Asian amp.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2014, 07:42 pm »

[

subframe

« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2014, 07:49 pm »
Hello Brianportugal,

Welcome to the Omega AudioCircle.  I would go for the US made Decware Rachel over the Asian made Coincident.  Decware specializes in building amplifiers, but sells speakers too.  Coincident specializes in speakers, but sells amplifiers too - not likely built by them

Coincident amplifiers are manufactured in Canada, by Coincident.  That's what Coincident says, at any rate, I doubt they'd blatantly lie.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 20 Nov 2014, 08:01 pm »
I guess I should have made the reason for my question more clear.

Does your answer mean that you have not heard any Decware SE34 model?
(no ulterior motive, just curious)
The original question was about the Rachel, I said no. The Rachel is a completely different animal than the earlier SE34.  Whether I heard any of the earlier models or not is a moot point.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2014, 08:16 pm »
[

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2014, 08:32 pm »
Coincident amplifiers are manufactured in Canada, by Coincident.  That's what Coincident says, at any rate, I doubt they'd blatantly lie.
Can you point me to where they make that claim - I can't find it on their website.  You would be surprised how little actual Canadian content in the way of parts and labour can be in a product and it be legally labelled "Made in Canada".  The tube amplifiers that I have preferred over the years are Decware and Ideal Innovations.  They build their amplifiers on their own premises using North American sourced parts where possible.  There may be some minor parts that can't be sourced in North America in which case they have to source offshore.

If the Coincident Dynamo 34SE is made in Canada like an Ideal Innovations is, I'll eat my head.  Once I have eaten my head, I may check into the Dynamo 34SE.....wait.....no.....that won't work.  I'll eat my head after checking into the amp. 
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2014, 10:14 pm by Canada Rob »

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #9 on: 20 Nov 2014, 08:37 pm »
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/coincident/1.html
"a $1'299 Canadian-made Dynamo" 

:dunno:

seikosha

« Reply #10 on: 20 Nov 2014, 09:24 pm »
On this page:

http://www.coincidentspeaker.com/about.htm

Coincident makes a big deal and is pretty adamant about saying that their speakers are made in Canada.  No mention of the amps though which leads one to believe that perhaps they are made overseas.

bonsai

« Reply #11 on: 20 Nov 2014, 09:27 pm »
100% Decware

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: 20 Nov 2014, 09:37 pm »
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/coincident/1.html
"a $1'299 Canadian-made Dynamo" 

:dunno:
Reviewers can be mistaken.  I personally believe the Coincident amp in question is made in China.  They are just too "pretty" to be made here at that price point, and being the tube amp market is just a tiny niche in the home entertainment world, the argument that they make large quantities to keep domestic labour costs down just doesn't fly.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 20 Nov 2014, 10:12 pm »
Depending on what you have, another model Decware may be a better choice.
This statement that I made was brought to my attention, but was removed while I went and had lunch, but I will answer it anyway.

From what I am able to see by comparing the Rachel to the Artist, they are very similar even though developed independently of one another.
When I worked with Syd Beaumont of Ideal Innovations in developing the Artist, I wanted the Decware sound (based on my experience with the SE84 and the Zen Head) because I love it, and the first Artist out of the gate nailed it - hence I believe I have gotten as close to a Rachel as possible being they both use octal based output tubes wired in triode mode.  That said, just start tube rolling either and you have a totally different amp.

My greatest experience with Omega speakers is listening to them through 3 generations of SE84.  The SE84 will light up any current Omega I have heard hooked up to it, so I can wholeheartedly recommend the SE84 (unless you're into party volumes).  If, however Brainportugal has older hempcone or fostex Super 5/3XRS, I would lean toward the Rachel for more power.  Current Omega? save your money and buy the Super Zen at 900 bucks. 

beowulf

« Reply #14 on: 20 Nov 2014, 11:22 pm »
I have a Decware Taboo MK II paired up with Omega RS7 speakers.  Similar to the Rachel it's 6 watts, but a S.E.P. (Pentode) whereas the Rachel is a S.E.T. (Triode).  The Taboo also requires a Preamp to get the most out of it in which I'm using a McIntosh C220, the pairing is excellent with lots of spank in the bass department.

subframe

« Reply #15 on: 21 Nov 2014, 05:06 pm »
Can you point me to where they make that claim - I can't find it on their website.  You would be surprised how little actual Canadian content in the way of parts and labour can be in a product and it be legally labelled "Made in Canada".  The tube amplifiers that I have preferred over the years are Decware and Ideal Innovations.  They build their amplifiers on their own premises using North American sourced parts where possible.  There may be some minor parts that can't be sourced in North America in which case they have to source offshore.

If the Coincident Dynamo 34SE is made in Canada like an Ideal Innovations is, I'll eat my head.  Once I have eaten my head, I may check into the Dynamo 34SE.....wait.....no.....that won't work.  I'll eat my head after checking into the amp.

Aha, you may be right - on reading the coincident site again, they only state their speakers are made in Canada.  Interesting.

lancelock

« Reply #16 on: 22 Nov 2014, 01:11 am »
I own 3 Decware amps and I love them. You can't get more bang for the buck or a lifetime warranty anywhere.

Guy 13

« Reply #17 on: 22 Nov 2014, 02:02 am »
I own 3 Decware amps and I love them. You can't get more bang for the buck or a lifetime warranty anywhere.
Hi lancelock.
Which Decware models do you own?
I own the Decware SE84C+ 2wpc SET.
May I al so ask for the same price, what speaker you have?
If that's not too much to ask.

Guy 13 on planet Vietnam.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #18 on: 22 Nov 2014, 06:57 am »
There is a long thread on Agon and the Coincident Dynamo gets very high praise, "and according to this thread" can't be beat for the price. http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1408839785&&&/What-s-the-greatest-bargain-in-SET-these.

I also recommend reading the review at 6 moons that is posted in the thread which gives the Dynamo plenty of accolades and states that it is indeed build in Canada http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/coincident/1.html.

After reading this thread I will be buying one for my soon to be delivered Super V's which are 97db efficient and should have no problem being powered by this amp according to many of the contributors to the thread.

Greg

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 22 Nov 2014, 07:17 pm »

After reading this thread I will be buying one for my soon to be delivered Super V's which are 97db efficient and should have no problem being powered by this amp according to many of the contributors to the thread.

Not sure what speaker you have coming - are they Omegas?  To my knowledge Omega has never made a Super V (Roman numeral).   
Louis has made a Super 5 Monitor and Super 5XRS, but they were 93dB efficient, not 97.

Also, I have emailed Coincident in order to get to the bottom of the question: where is the Dynamo 34SE made?  :scratch: