LampizatOr receives Oasis award from the Editor-in-Chief of Positive-Feedback!

Gopher

I am honored to announce the esteemed reviewer, Dr. David Robinson, deemed one of our rooms at AXPONA worthy of the Oasis award!

Thank you for this honor, David!  :thumb:

Gopher

Hold the phones!  I was just alerted we received a second Oasis Award for another room we hosted as well with our friends at Gingko Audio, Danacables and Wells Audio!

This just made my afternoon!   :green:

Gopher

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Congrats Gopher.

charles

wisnon

Mike's feedback on that Axpona GG Dac:

Norman - first a shout out to the Lamm 1.2's. DAMN good - as always. Second, the Vapor audio speakers were sounding big as usual. Third, the Lampi GG, uhh...should I say, my Lampi GG was the star of the show - and the scary thing was it wasn't even broken in nor optimized with the best of the best tubes.

My Elrog 300b's shipped today, so I'm anxious to try those with the EML Rectifier. Should be a good combo...not sure it will beat the EML Anniversary Globes w/Psvane Replica 274B though. That is sweet, smooth and not lacking any detail.

I know audio memory is very fickle, but I would venture a guess that with this tube combo and the Aurender N100H providing the sweet music, the Lampi PCM now is on par with the best I've heard....and you already know about the DSD....it sounds like nothing else digital, period.

I guess the 64 million dollar question everyone wants to know is whether the GG is better than the Big 7. I would cautiously say "yes", but we are certainly not talking major incremental improvements. I would venture to guess that the all silver wiring (once broken in) gives you a tiny bit more overall smoothness without losing any details.

I did a bit of a sp cable shootout yesterday (Kimber Select vs WW Platinum vs Siltech Royal Signature) and found the Siltech Royal Signature complemented the GG beauuuuutifully!