FS: Gedlee Abbey Speaker pair- Piano black/mint

Kishore

FS: Gedlee Abbey Speaker pair- Piano black/mint
« on: 31 Mar 2015, 01:49 am »
Forgot to list here in AC- source of audiophilitis  :lol: including speakers from Earl Geddes!

For your consideration is THE speaker which initiated my interest in waveguides and constant directivity and was (is) quite a sensation for BOTH audio and home theater aficionados. The only reason for sale is I have too many speakers- and yes I continue to own Earl's speakers.

Mint premium piano black finish/MDF and is heavier than Summas I bought. They look OK- if you have OCD-then you can sand and paint bottom or do it all over.

I have this pair in storage- and you can either pick up or I can ship by freight.

The Abbey has a 12" High Performance 12TBX100 B&C woofer and a 12" waveguide and the same 1" compression driver as the Summa (DE250 B&C). The retail for assembled with piano black finish was $6K+shipping. I am asking $2600 obo.

Drivers: B&C 12TBX100 & DE250-8
Sensitivity: 95 dB / 2.83 volt / 1 m (0 dB on the curves below)
Impedance: 8 Ohms above 100 Hz

Edit- this has older driver than NA12 but (as per Earl) change has been evolutionary and not revolutionary. For the price, it is a worthy acquisition. If I had a home with multiple rooms- these speakers would stay.

Regards,
Kishore